question for all april post ops

donnasmiley75
on 10/13/04 6:00 am - glendale, AZ
Hello all Its me Donna haven't been on in a whil been very busy. here is an up date and i have a question or two. i am now 5 months post op i have lost 78lb and still going I go to the Gym every other day for two hrs at a time i was at 295 before surgery. and now i am at 218lb my gole weight is 131lb. now my question is when did you all look into getting your tummy tuck done or other plastic surgey done how post op where you and did ins. cover any of it. Now this may sound gross but. under my tummy fat i have noticed i am getting a lot of rashes do you know if that is normal? and if so how do i get rid of it? My surgery was on 4/28/04 please let me know when your surgery was and how much you lost and what you weigh now thanks I will check in soon have to get back to work I was on a lunch break. but please help thanks a bunch.
Dawn C.
on 10/13/04 7:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Donna, My surgery date was the day after yours. I have lost 77 lbs!! Whoo hoo!! As far as a tummy tuck I think they want you to be out at least a year and at goal or close to it before they do it. Some insurances pay. You will have to check into it. As for the rashes, go to your pcp or gyn. It could be a yeast infection. I have gotten these periodially before and after surgery. Sometimes over the counter monostate cream works. It is important to get this documented by a doctor if you are considering a tummy tuck. More backup as to why you need it done. Good luck and keep up the good work! Dawn 287/210/160
ruthdebra
on 10/13/04 8:45 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Donna - I agree with Dawn. Actually, most surgeons want your weight to be stable for about a year. So -at least 18 months out. I agree about documenting with your pcp about your rashes. Many surgeons don't even file insurance but some do. At this time, I am not thinking about PS and have no plans. If my panni stays this big I may consider a tummy tuck, but I'd prefer not to. Congratulations on your weight loss and sticking to the gym. Ruth
DianneW
on 10/13/04 9:45 am - Louisville, KY
I haven't gotten a rash under my tummy yet, but constantly get them under my breasts and have to take antibiotics to get rid of them. (They get very bad.) I definetly would document with your PCP as this will be evidence that you need a tummy tuck and insurance will be more likely to pay. This is one of the criteria they look for as it being medically necessary! Congratulations on your success. I don't think you want to consider the tummy tuck before you are at your goal weight. Good luck. Dianne 340/230/150
thin_tyme
on 10/13/04 10:00 am - WY
Hi Donna First and foremost, congratulations on your 78 pound loss, that is great. I am not experiencing any of that yet. I did have a big tummy but I carried most of my weight in my hips, thighs and butt. I had my surgery April 16 (that date just seems so beautiful to me) and I have lost 80 pounds. I agree with the other posters. Wait until you are further out, but definately get your rashed documented. Keep up the great work Donna, and have a great day. Mechelle
Rachelq
on 10/13/04 9:54 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Yup. Take pictures. And have your doctor document and 'treat' your rashes. And I have also heard that you should wait 6 months to a year after your weight has stabilized.
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 10/14/04 8:06 am - Los Angeles, CA
I started at 215. I am now 135. I just had a tummy tuck, breast lift with implants and arm lift done. I lost 80 pounds and met goal before I considered plastics. Now It has been 3 weeks since surgey, I have lost an additional 5 pounds, and think I may lose just 5 more.. not sure yet. Im pretty thin now..
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views