What are you eating today? (Tuesday)

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/04 12:42 am - South of Boston, MA
I got up this morning, started to get the kids ready for school, made my oldest stand outside in the rain... and there's no school today. I'm REALLY glad I made her set her alarm for 6:30am. So- we're home today, a cold rainy day.. I made some hard boiled eggs, made my own version of deviled eggs--- I tossed the egg whites that I broke while peeling back into the yolks and seasonings, and that will give each half an extra protein kick, since I am bad about just eating the yolk and tossing the white to the dog. :-x So here's my day so far: 8 oz coffee light cream & splenda About 2 TBSP deviled egg yolk/white mix 2 splenda pickle slices 2 Girlfriends' Booty pieces Lunch will be chicken salad rolled up in lettuce leaves (as of right now, that's what I am thinking...) Dinner is negotiable, I'm thinking pasta & meat sauce for the kids, meat sauce with shredded cheese for DH & I. Perhaps some broccoli or spinach on the side... Beth 313/298/180YAHOO/130 Beth....
Donna Paige
on 10/12/04 2:58 am - Pottstown, PA
Well I started off my day with junk food. I ate a 25cent bag of cheetos. (BAD BAD habits are so hard to break) Lunch has been a salad Dinner will probably be a cucumber and perhaps a slice or two of deli ham. I can't decide yet what I want.
Larakatya
on 10/12/04 4:07 am - Twin Cities, MN
Morning! BF: Crab Delights - about 2 oz, No Sugar added Granny Smith Applesauce 20 oz of Minute Maid Light Rasberry Passion juice - Good stuff, current addiction 20 oz of H2O Lun: Chicken Pad Thai with peanuts, egg and carrots. Mmmmmm. - about 1/3 cup, only 2 bites of that in noodles. Din: Unknown - got my workout tonight after support group. Yesterday was dreadful, had good intentions and a good breakfast (crab delights, cottage cheese, mandarin oranges) but then things went horribly wrong at lunch. I tried to eat a chicken cesar at a different resturaunt than I normally go to. The chicken was tough and dry/stringy. The dressing was oily rather than creamy . . .GNASTY! I ended up dumping from fat - dressing, then getting stuck from the chicken. 2 vomits at work is my max, so off to home I went with the worst heartburn in the world from trying to flush the pouch with water. (kids, don't try this at home) I gave the little princess a few hours off, and then after proving I was unstuck - water started to pass through - I had a snack. *on knees* Bless me fellow post-ops for I have sinned. . .well only sort of. My girlfriend's mother wants me to be in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving, since I'm the most high maintainence in my needs - Sugar Free, etc. So, I have been practicing baking pies. Last night I baked a Sugar Free Cranberry crunch pie. It was awesome - very tart and sassy (just like it's baker). It shames me just a tad to admit to you that after a day of hurling, stuckness and UNBELIEVEABLE heartburn that this was the first thing after water to go into my pouch. (For the record, it worked like a charm. . .) Yesterday's dinner was crab delights with ****tail sauce, fresh salsa on chips, tiny pie wedge (about the width of my thumb). Final food for the day was popcorn - needed some fiber as the salad was a miserable failure. I'm feeling good today, food is going well, but I'm not pushing it! ~Lara HW 400+ SW 355 CW 236 GW 212.8
Dedicated
on 10/12/04 4:09 am - Eleva, WI
Can I get the recipe for your cranberry crunch dessert? It sounds awesome!
Larakatya
on 10/12/04 4:44 am - Twin Cities, MN
Surely! I'm still tweaking it (I think next time I'll be adding half apples - I think I'll use Harrelson apples - and half cranberries rather than 100% cranberries as the filling) - Oh, and PS - I'm at work so this is from memory, I'll check it tonight against my notes at home and let you know if I got it right or wrong. I've been playing with Better Homes and Gardens cookbook basic fruit pie recipie. Crust - I am incredibly lazy - cheapest refridgerator pie crust I could find - actually turned out to be awesome - Roundy's brand I believe - PS you could use a frozen one but they suck. Also - you don't have to eat the crust, but I find it works because it is not doughy. Filling - 4 cups fresh cranberries rinsed, 1/4 flour, 1 cup splenda mixed together - you could add cinnamon at this point, especially if using apples Crunch Topping - This is my current crunch topping recipie - I haven't quite perfected it yet but it is MUCH better than it used to be. 1/4 cu Pecans - chopped fine 1/4 cu coconut - chopped fine 1/8 cu oatmeal 1/4 cup flour 1 cu splenda (you could add cinnamon and/or nutmeg to this, again if using half apples) Mix dry ingredients together 2 tbsp butter (or butter flavored crisco) cut in butter so it begins to resemble breadcrumbs 1 tbsp sugar free syrup - I used log cabin cut in syrup until "breadcrumbs" are well blended and rather small Settle the crust in your pie pan, make edges pretty, add the filling, sprinkle on the crunch topping. Cover crust edges with foil, bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover Crust, bake for additional 25-30 minutes - when crust is golden, fruit is tender and crunch topping is browned. I loved it, my girlfriend thought it was very tangy and sassy but just a tad bitter - haven't worked out all the kinks qute yet. If you try it let me know! I'm still trying to crack the code on a decent sugar free strusel/crumble type topping yet. I have been considering using just a touch of light molassas for that brown sugar flavor but I haven't tried it yet. Using splenda and less sf syrup has improved the texture immencely since my early trials! Best of luck, ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 10/12/04 5:19 am - Mount Airy, MD
what is a crab deiight? Inquiring minds..... RAE
Larakatya
on 10/12/04 5:34 am - Twin Cities, MN
Imitation Crab meat chunks made out of whitefish. I like them! Good protein, low fat, yummie taste. ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 10/12/04 5:26 am - Mount Airy, MD
I worry about eating too much...but I have lost approx 80 lbs in 5 months AND I have just hit my first plateau so I guess everything is ok. I have about another 50 to go to goal. 5:30 am 1 slice cheddar cheese 4 water crackers this is MY favorite early morning treat on my drive into work 9:00 am 1/4 chicken (lean white meat) mexican dinner thingy...left over from last night mexican restaurant stop a spoonful of mexican rice and a dab of sour cream 12:30 lean cuisine salisbury steak and mac/cheese - has approx 25 grams protein - didn't quite fini**** but I did come close. 3:15 a handful of peanut butter stuffed pretzels not sure about dinner yet.....
thin_tyme
on 10/12/04 12:21 pm - WY
cup of coffee with splenda and cream B-3.5 ounces carbsense hot cereal L-Thai Spiced tuna 3 ounces, 5 crackers Sn-carbcontrol yougurt with .30 ounces cereal D-4 ounces of chili mechelle
ruthdebra
on 10/12/04 1:09 pm - Palm Springs, CA
I really love this group - you all are eating real food and not depending on protein shakes (which I hate.) My surgeon says that we should be getting our protein from real food at this point in our recovery and I agree. I'm going to start doing this post every day. Most of the other lists say protein shake, protein bar, protein shake, etc. I've had major oral surgery so my eating is whatever I can chew these days. At least I'm able to get a little more than cottage cheese, eggs and soup this week. B - coffee w/cream. My major sin. about 2 ounces of leftover smoked pork. L - out - mushroom and barley soup. A little corned beef from Sherry's Reuben sandwich and about an inch square of rye bread. D - Don't know. Maybe some scallops - they're easy to chew. Or a turkey burger. I need to start thinking about it. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views