ouch!!!

Kim T.
on 10/10/04 2:42 pm - Dracut, MA
Still obviously not getting in enough water or any liquids for that matter, passed ANOTHER kidney stone friday night/saturday (that's 2 since surgery 6 months ago) ... ended up in the emergency room because i could hardly stand or walk, really thought i was going to pass out from the pain this time. I swear, I'm going to start naming them, and claiming them as dependants on my taxes, this much pain i should get SOMETHING out of it.. Glad i can laugh now, but i went Thursday for my 6 month follow up and my surgeon asked "have you had any more problems with kidney stones" she jinxed me, i had forgotten about the last one and then less than 48 hrs after, i'm in the ER. The triage nurse in the ER asked about medical backround, and although i could barely speak from this incredible amount of pain, i did manage to let her know i had gastric bypass 6 months ago. well, she also had the surgery done, and now wanted to chit chat about how much weight i've lost, where i went for surgery ect ect... I guess she didnt notice i was shades of white and green from being in pain and nauseaus, i told her i knew i was passing a kidney stone because this is the 3rd one i've had in my life, she should have understood the amt of pain i was in.. so i started to attempt to answer her, notice i said ATTEMPT, i didnt get many words out before i threw up, almost on her!!! and you know, she didnt even skip a beat, she reached behind her, grabbed an emesis basin, passed it to me, and continued on about her surgery 1 yr ago, and where she went for it. all i can do now is laugh, but at the time i thought this was some kind of evil torture. Moral of this long annoying story..... DRINK YOUR DAMN WATER!!! (now i just have to be sure i take my own advice) ~Kim
DianneW
on 10/10/04 9:10 pm - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry you had to go through that! I know how painful it is. I had a kidney stone in my early 20's, thank God, I've never had one since. I hope you are all better now. Dianne
thin_tyme
on 10/10/04 11:39 pm - WY
Hi Kim I have never had a Kidney Stone. From the sound of your experience I hope that I never get one. Your story did give me a little giggle today though. I know it wasn't funny at the time but I can just see the whole picture, you gave a good visual. I hope that you are feeling better now and you don't have this again. Mechelle
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/04 9:20 am - South of Boston, MA
Oops- I passed it on to you! I had that stone two weekends ago! I actually had an ambulance because I thought I was DYING!! I feel for you, now that I know how it feels! ((Kim)) Beth
Rachelq
on 10/13/04 9:47 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that and am taking your advice as I type!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views