I bought a you-know-what from you-know-where!!!!

Rondaslosinit
on 10/9/04 9:45 am - Richardson, TX
Guess what I did today? I finally got to buy a new bra (mine were all way too big). I've been putting it off because they are so expensive. Well, I went into Victoria's Secret on a whim and low and behold, I can finally fit into their sizes! It's the largest size they carry but it fit! I bought it! How exciting to have pretty unmentionables again. I feel so sexy ! It has been 14 years since I could buy anything to wear there (Yes, they've been around that long). What fun! Ronda
girlcub
on 10/9/04 11:09 pm - Aurora, CO
Its funny- I idi the same thing yesterday but I do ot fell good. It just made my extra sking look worst I think. I hate clothes- even though I have lost 100 i still feel like I look horrible. Congrats on your sucesss and pretty little thing Jennifer 348/248/150
Rondaslosinit
on 10/9/04 11:46 pm - Richardson, TX
Awwww I'm sorry you don't feel good. I know what you mean about the extra skin. But just think how much better you look in your pretty things now compared to pre-op! I guess it's about now that we start wanting plastic surgery, huh? Repeat after me.... "I am beautiful, I am sexy!", "I am beautiful, I am sexy!", "I am beautiful, I am sexy!", "I am beautiful, I am sexy!"! {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Ronda
girlcub
on 10/10/04 12:30 am - Aurora, CO
Easier said then done. Self essteem has never been a strong suit. To bad the docs can not fix the head when they fix the body. I am so happy for you though. Just think soon you can get one of those slinky little numbers they have and feel proud for your success. Jennifer
thin_tyme
on 10/10/04 2:40 am - WY
Hi Ronda I have never bought a you know what from you know where, but I am planning a trip there in the next month. I have heard their bra's are wonderful. Glad you feel so good, keep it up. Mechelle
Rondaslosinit
on 10/10/04 4:28 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Mechelle, I was surprised at how comfortable it is! I'm used to those industrial strength ones . Try the Body by Victoria model - it's great! Have fun when you go. One thing I noticed was you get better service when you look aren't morbidly obese. I mean, salespeople used to act like I was invisible when I was at my heaviest (like anyone could miss me - ha ha) but now they are very friendly. Go figure. Just another example of discrimination. Ronda
thin_tyme
on 10/10/04 4:58 am - WY
Hi Ronda Thanks for the advice, I'll try that Body by Victoria. You are so right about the discrimination and be noticed now for me, not my fat. It is sad but it is out there(discrimination). What will be interesting is when I do reach goal weight and the attention that I will receive from people who would have never given me the time of day before. Hope I can handle it properly. Have a great day Mechelle
lacmike
on 10/10/04 10:22 am - York, PA
Ronda, Let me tell you a secret....The bras made for Victoria Secret are the same ones in better department stores. I do not know where you live but if you go to Dillards, May, Macy's, Sears, JC Penny's, Kohls, well you get the picture the bras made by Bali, Olga, Maidenform, Lillyette, Warners are the same thing. I have always bought good bras, and at a 38dd and larger. Olga and Bali were not only sexy but the best fitting for fuller figures. Check out your local TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Value City for bargains on last years styles. Also I belong to a lingerie club at Hechts, Sears, and The Bon Ton, for every six bras I buy I get one free, so I wait until they have the buy two get two free a and I make out. I just got a beautiful all lace minimizer bra in a 36d (which is now too big) for $14.95 regular $24.00. Which is a great deal an I got a punch on my card. I also use my lingerie club card to get free underwear, for every 10 pr I get one free, so I get to stock up on my Jockey's too. Lori 258/188/148
Rondaslosinit
on 10/11/04 7:07 am - Richardson, TX
Wow, thanks for the tips Lori!! I know where I'll be shopping from now on!! Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/04 11:06 am - South of Boston, MA
Hooray!! How fun!! I bought two Wonderbras from Filenes' a few weeks ago--- and they make me feel so curvy, since I've become so flat. There's proof on my photo pages, see the most recent pic. I'm DYING to go there... but it's just not in my budget yet... but, soon! I'm planning to go when I get into my at-goal bra size, which inevitably will be a 34A, since I'm a 38B right now, 50 over goal weight. Perhaps during the semi-annual sale in January, I'll stock up. ALTHOUGH, I'm going to be taking a little visit to a plastic surgeon near then too... maybe I'll be able to get some bigger bras, Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views