ATTENTION APRIL 2NDERS!

Angela R.
on 10/7/04 7:24 pm - Baltimore, MD
I had my surgery on april 2. I have lost more than 60lbs, and probably less than 65lbs. Anyone losing that slow? I have been upset with this slow loss for months! I do curves at least 5 days a week. (I dont work) I do yard work, house work, walking. etc. I try my best not to eat many carbs. I just wonder if Im not eating or drinking enuff? Any words of encouragement? Thanks, depressed in Baltimore.....
thin_tyme
on 10/7/04 10:22 pm - WY
Hi Angela First off, pat yourself on the back girl, You have lost approximately 10 pounds a month . I couldn't even do that on Weigh****chers. You didn't mention what you are eating, how much and your quantity of water. Examine that, I know that if we don't get enough water in our bodies retain water to survive, if we don't eat enough calories we don't lose as well either. You excerciese 5 days a week. So there has got to be some muscle involved here somewhere, how about your inches, how is that going? For me I try not to look at how much I have or have not lost, yes it is hard sometimes especially when there are people who have already lost 100 pounds. I remind myself that my body is doing what is right for me and each step of the way I am getting healthier, even if this week I do not lose an ounce. So try not to be depressed, you have already done yourself a lot of good by losing your 60 plus pounds. Keep it up and don't slide backwards. You are in much better shape than you were 6 months ago. I hope that you will feel better abut this process, and remember examine your food intake and water. Best of luck Mechelle
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/04 11:45 pm - South of Boston, MA
{{{{Angela}}}} I agree with everything Mechelle just said... Are you journaling your daily food intake? Perhaps you're not eating enough? Also- if you were a "lightweight" to start with, chances are the weight will come off slower if you've got less to lose... Beth
bky962
on 10/8/04 5:46 am - Visalia, CA
My surgery was April 5th. I have only lost 60 lbs. I don't workout as much as you but I'm sure you have built muscle and burned the fat. Being that muscle weighs more than fat ,You are doing great!!! Congradulations!!!! Measure yourself and compare every few weeks. It sounds like your doing the right things. Watch your carbs. that is my down fall. Good kuck Rebecca
Karen S.
on 10/10/04 6:34 am - Island Lake, IL
I've only lost 70 & my doctors are thrilled. I, too, worried about not losing as much as others. However, I can breath better and feel so much better. Also, I am down from a very filled out 26 to size 16! At my goal weight I will be in size 12, but still have 50 more lbs to go! Try working out using a heart rate monitor. I find it helps me keep my heart rate in a range that more effectively burns calories. It also provides a metric for me to compare my progress over time. There are books, websites, etc on the topic. Look for a web page by Sally Edwards for more information. Keep up the good work and don't compare your progress to others. Stay focused on how you exercise, just going through the motions does not always mean you are expercises at an effective pace. Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views