Having a "fat" day.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/04 4:54 am - South of Boston, MA
Just feeling fat today. I know I can say that freely here, because we've all been there, you know? I've felt good lately about my weight loss, but this morning I just felt like I'm not going to lose anything else, and I'm STUCK at this size. I am not happy with this size- and I would like to lose about 75 more. Somebody get me motivated! What can I do to kick this plateau? It doesn't help that I had my five year old take pix of me in my new size 18 Old Navy pants (something I could NEVER fit into)... and they just do not look the way I saw them in the mirror. UGH UGH UGH!! Beth ::promising not to pout anymore today:: -90 and stuck.
janiej
on 8/24/04 6:46 am - Independence, IA
Just signed on to commiserate with you. I've been feeling good about my loss (80 lbs****il this week too. I'm stuck at basically the same weight now for 2 weeks and to top it off I'm also starving this week. All I want to do is eat. My period was a couple weeks ago so it shouldn't be that!! I look at myself and feel like I haven't lost an ounce (okay so I have). But... Maybe we can have a pity party together!!! Please bring food... Janie 272/190/140?
Donna R
on 8/24/04 7:02 am - Paducah, KY
do you exercise? I walk two miles every day and it makes me feel better about myself, there is no way I could have even come close to 2 miles before my surgery. I am in a size 20 and should be in a 18 but I have a grape fruit size hernia next to my belly button, I have to wear a 20 for the waist but the rest of the pants in baggy on me, Donna
Pegtrala
on 8/24/04 7:26 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Beth. We have all come such a long way, but I think it's going to take some time before our head catches up with the way our body looks. I still feel fat even though others tell me that I am losing. Someone snapped a picture of me today using her photo cell phone, and I did a doubletake. It didn't look like the me my head thinks I look like. Let's lighten up on ourselves and realize that we just need to feel good about ourselves with the progress we are making. It is definitely scarey, but each time I read about how others are feeling and thinking, it makes me feel a little less like I am the only one feeling these feelings. I bet you look alot better in those size 18 pants than you think you do! Give them a chance. Hang in there, and thanks for sharing your feelings. I'm with you all the way. Peggy
sloane
on 8/24/04 10:52 am - New Albany, OH
Beth, First, I have to tell you to go to your pictures and look at them, girl! You look awesome. I just clicked on your profile to see the pictures and I am amazed. You look so much younger and just fabulous. With that said, just give yourself a break today. Let it be a fat day and let it pass. Be proud of everything you have done so far. I keep a journal with all the things I can do now that I couldn't do 62 lbs. ago (like shop in the regular sizes, walk up the stairs without huffing, cross my legs, work out and feel good, wear bikini underwear, etc.) sometimes those things make me feel better on a bad day. Don't get hung up on the scale to keep you motivated. I weigh myself every week but I also keep one piece of clothing that too small and just try it on e/o week or so to see how it's working. It's better than the scale when I can move that dress into the closet and wear it. Or better yet when I move it out of the closet b/c it's too big. One other thing, in my journal I put a bunch of before pictures of myself from all different times. I wrote under those pictures how I remember feeling that day or when the picture was taken (like I couldn't find anything that fit to wear to that party or I felt like the biggest person on the cruise, etc.) Then, I just read it and it's an instant motivator b/c I never want to feel that way again. I hope these help. You really are an inspiration to all of us. Tandi 246/184/?
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/04 1:05 pm - South of Boston, MA
To everyone that responded- Thank you. I got lots of good feedback on the outfit at work tonight- it's just that it always feels fake, KWIM? It's weird, the scale defines my mood about it. I used to enjoy getting up and seeing a loss, but this week (and others, not my first plateau) it's like, don't bother, I'm done losing! So many people are my size--- and stay this size forever.... I don't want to! I am really trying to stick to nothing but food proteins and nothing else... we'll see if it results in a loss. I need to start posting the daily food logs again... As for the exercise, no. I've slacked off. We're in the midst of a huge life-change here--- I just started working, we're moving this weekend... and it doesn't leave much time to walk... but I plan to start my walks again bright and early Sunday morning after the move. Beth -90, and cranky and b*tchy. :-x
DianneW
on 8/26/04 12:18 am - Louisville, KY
I can totally relate. I have been holding water, so in addition to my Birthday pig out my ankles are swollen and I've actually gained two pounds. Yuk. Oh well. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views