Constipation Help

petel
on 8/19/04 5:34 am - San Diego, CA
Hi All, Is anyone taking or has anyone taken Colace to help with constipation? My Dr. recomended 100mg twice a day. I just want to make sure taking Colace oraly is ok for the pouch. Thanks, Pete
Pegtrala
on 8/19/04 6:29 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Pete. Yep. My doctor also recommended it, and I take it daily. It's just a stool softener, not what would be called a laxative. The pill is small and easy for me to take. Good luck. Peggy
thin_tyme
on 8/19/04 8:10 am - WY
Hi Pete, I was taking Colace and flax seed and I was still having problems. I have since found Hot Cereal by CarbSense. I love it, not actually the taste, it grows on you but I love the results. This is the first time in my life that I can have a movement daily. I bought mine at Wal-Mart. Hope this helps. Mechelle
Rachelq
on 8/19/04 9:35 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Yep, did colace for two weeks straight. I've been good to go ever since.
tbarclay
on 8/19/04 11:42 am - Raleigh, NC
Pete, My surgeon said I could take up to 3 colace tablets each day and I do. Also, I eat about 5 prunes on an empty stomach. The prunes don't seem to make me have dumping and they are like a little treat. Now I go each day and don't feel so crampy in the guts. Theresa
DianneW
on 8/20/04 5:23 am - Louisville, KY
My doctor gave me a prescrition laxative called Miralax. Good luck this has been a horrible problem for me. Dianne
Dawn C.
on 8/20/04 6:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, my dr. recommends one pill a day. You can get it at Sam's Club pretty cheap. I also eat oatmeal every other day. I buy the regular quick oats and make it with milk instead of water. A 1/2 c with 3/4 c skim milk is 11 gr protein. I also add 1/2 banana or some peaches and 1 pkt. of splenda. Yum! That keeps me movin'! I haven't been constipated since I started eating it. Everyone is different so this may not work for you but give it a try. Dawn -62
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views