Learning to think like a thin person.

DianneW
on 8/19/04 12:36 am - Louisville, KY
I went to a large park in St. Louis last night and my friend asked me if I would like to ride paddle boats or go to the zoo sometime, to both I immediately responded, I don't know, It's a lot of work. Then I said, yes, I think I would like to try both of those things now that I have lost 87 pounds. I have to start thinking like a thin person who likes to walk around the zoo and ride paddle boats, etc. What a total change in mindset. Dianne
Rachelq
on 8/19/04 2:53 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
That is so cool! The physical change happens so fast, its hard for the head to catch up sometimes. I had an Obesity Help party at my house last weekend. I offered my friend to sit in one of our resin chairs. She said, "Oh no, I don't dare!" (she was afraid of breaking it). I took her by the hand and sat her down and said, "Hon, those days are over." I just love this!
DianneW
on 8/19/04 4:27 am - Louisville, KY
That sounds neat.
Pegtrala
on 8/19/04 6:34 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Dianne. Isn't this fun?? I took a walk with my sister last evening, and I deliberately picked a pretty good hill to see if I could do it. I could! Then I picked a steep path that I hadn't been able to climb without stopping a couple of times. I made it too! I was so excited! I can't imagine what things are going to be like when I lose 70 more lbs! My sister kept telling me how great I look. I've lost 55 lbs, and I want more! Way to go. Let's keep on pushing those boundaries away! Peggy
Pam F.
on 8/29/04 3:53 am - Moses Lake, WA
Isn't it amazing? I'm also finding it hard to think like a "thin" person. After loosing 72 pounds I am, of course, always looking for new clothes that fit. I find myself at the sales racks and first of all just looking at the style of the clothes, not the sizes. The things I'm grabbing are size 26 (my old size) - I'm wearing size 16-18 now! I just can't get my mind to register that I don't wear that size anymore!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views