It's Now or Never

Pegtrala
on 8/17/04 12:17 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Aprilers. Well, I'm on a real teeter totter. I have lost between 50-55 lbs, and I should be estatic, but I am scared to death! My stomach is not giving me problems. My head is. I am eating way too much of the wrong things, and I am scared I am stretching my stomach. I think I need to find a support group in the Portland, OR area. Anyway, I'm glad you all are here, and I'll keep plugged in to this very good support group. Thanks for listening. Peggy
Rachelq
on 8/17/04 2:01 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Peggy, I know what you mean, I can eat and drink alot more now than I did in the beginning. And since I don't really dump, I have to be disciplined (obviously not my strong suit). I go to a local support group and we have a large number of Obesity Help members in california that have monthly get togethers. The camaraderie really helps with the head part. Especially because so many of them are at goal. Its a real encouragement to stay on track. Have you checked the OR board? Are there many posters out there? Perhaps they do the same as the Cali board. You can do this...we can do this!!! Big Hugs, Rachel
Pegtrala
on 8/17/04 2:57 am - Beaverton, OR
Rachel, thanks so much for writing. I'm going to look in the Oregon Board right now. What a friend you are. Thanks again. Peggy
Rondaslosinit
on 8/20/04 11:30 am - Richardson, TX
Rachel, I know what you mean. I don't dump either and it scares me to death. I do have more discipline now because I'm really motivated but what happens a year from now when we are at goal (or closer to it) and we can eat more? I'm working on it all I can and praying for the rest! We just need to stay on these message boards and keep supporting each other! Good Luck, Ronda
Rachelq
on 8/21/04 1:30 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Absolutely Ronda, let's keep supporting each other. Hopefully, in a year, two years, ten years, we'll wonder what all the concern was about! (Well, I can hope cant I?) Take care, rachel
Rachelq
on 8/17/04 3:17 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Me again. I decided to check the OR board too (some friendly competition with the Cali board - Hee). They are having a get together this friday. Here's the post...if they are anything like the Cali board...don't be shy...introduce youself...the sooner the better! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/OR/postdetail/3092.html?vc=0
L D.
on 8/18/04 2:51 am - IN
Hello, Peg! Boy, can I relate! I started at 279 and have been tottering around 225 for 2 weeks now. I too feel I can eat more than I should and I am constantly hungry! I had hoped to feel full more of the time. I am exercising about an hour a day (treadmill, recumbant bike) I get PLENTY of protein and most of my water in. I have been eating Smartones entrees (the low carb kind) They are mostly 6-7 oz and 10-13 carbs. I usually have no problem finishing one off. Yesterday I was so hungry, I had a BIG bowl of soup. I don't even know how many ounces that was.... I have been good and not had any breads, sugars, rice. My 4mo appt is on Monday and I hope to get some answers. Point is: Don't feel alone!
Pegtrala
on 8/19/04 6:20 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Elisha. Thanks for writing. It really does help knowing others are working through some issues too. I know we can do this. I will be thinking about you on Monday. Do let me know how your doctor's appointment goes. Peggy
Pegtrala
on 8/19/04 6:27 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Rachel. Thanks for the idea. I also got an email from someone else who gave me a web location for a local support groups in our area. It is http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Northwest-OSSG/ I posted there about local support groups in the Portland OR area, and I got some responses back right away. There are a couple of groups that meet once a month. I am really tickled. Thanks again for your great suggestion! Peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views