living on WHEAT THINS!

sophrona5
on 8/11/04 6:50 am
HI! I am down by 90 pounds, and my surgery date was 4/27/04. I went back to the doc time and time again and told him that things aren't staying down. He just said my stomach was picky. I can't eat any of the things they say I should. I actually can only eat wheat thins with canned spray cheese (for protein and cal.) I eat mashed potatoes sometimes. Sometimes pudding will stay down ad some time cheese sticks. Even the wheat this is only about 10 per day total. I was thinking that I should be down by more then 90 by now, I started at 445 lbs. I drink a lot of tea everything else makes me sick. Anything with nutra-sweet in it makes instantly dizzy and sick. I'm not upset about it like Im worried, I know things change and go threw stages. I was just curious if any one else is like me? Also, I work a factory job and it is a hard job. I am coming home from work after a 8 hour day and ready for bed when I walk thru the door. I slept 11 hours yesterday! I seem to need A LOT more sleep now then I did before the surgery. Just wanted to know Im not alone. Sarah 445/355 open rny 4/27/04
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/04 10:39 am - South of Boston, MA
Sarah- Congrats on losing 90 lbs--- that's a huge accomplishment. I would definitely start experimenting with more foods, more variety...and get some protein in you, girl! That spray cheese is doing you no good... read the label- it's filled with chemicals. Wheat Thins, although they go down so easily (I know, crackers kick my butt) they've got hydrogenated oils (artery cloggers) in them... Expand your horizons, find some good snack-type foods you can bring to work...if possible. Eat your three meals a day, just keep trying! Are you getting enough liquids? Beth -85+
Rachelq
on 8/11/04 9:40 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Sarah, We had surgery the same day. You are beating me in weightloss by 40lbs!!! That is a tremendous weightloss! but your body needs food. At this point you should be able to eat a bit more than what you are eating. Did your surgeon start you out with liquid and pureed foods for the first six weeks. Mine did, and I really think it helped my stomach adjust. I have good and bad days, but I can eat a greater variety as each day progresses. Try going back to basics. Can you do protien shakes? If not, I do punch flavored liquid protien from gnc. I add it to my water with splenda. its pretty easy to drink and I ge****er and protien at the same time. Can you eat mashed beans, cottage cheese (I love it with applesauce and cinnamon), yogurt. If you can't do these, I would push your surgeon a little harder, you my have ulcers or a stricture or something, its worth a scope. Good luck rachel
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/04 12:26 am - South of Boston, MA
Sarah- I read your post wrong, I didn't realize you said you were getting sick so much... I agree with Rachel, I think you should get your pouch checked out... Just for a frame of reference, my husband had surgery two weeks after you...(I had it on 4/5) and he can eat just about anything, and never gets sick....unless of course he indulges in something he "shouldn't" have... Of course this was the man eating pizza crust at a month out. :-/ Now, he does much better, and can eat most anything, but he's picky... I try to make protein-only meals when he's home. Beth -86
DianneW
on 8/12/04 12:54 am - Louisville, KY
It's no wonder that you are exhausted, you are getting almost no calories and loosing a lot of weight, I agree they need to check your pouch, I'm 4 months out and can eat most foods without problems, lettuce still bothers me. Hang in there. Dianne
Peggy F.
on 8/12/04 4:01 am - WI
Get checked for a stricture. Seriously. I had the exact same problems and it turned out to be a stricture. A simple procedure took care of it and now I'm eating more variety and the vomiting has ended. Good luck. Peggy
Lovely Lady O.
on 8/12/04 11:41 pm - Buffalo, NY
Sarah ~ I was having the same problems as you are I had a scope done and found out I had a stricture. I had it opened last week and now have been able to eat food without throwing up. So talk to your MD about getting a scope done. Good Luck!!
Rachelq
on 8/13/04 6:29 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Sarah. Here is a link to a post that is similar to yours. I thought you'd be interested in the outcome. Hope you are doing well today! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/CA/postdetail/83352.html?vc=0 Rachel
noahjordan
on 8/15/04 2:20 am - Conover, NC
Read my profile, some of the symptoms you're having are similar to mine. Hope it helps. Rachel (340) 302/246/150
Rachelq
on 8/15/04 11:43 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Sorry for hijacking this post, but Rachel, I just wanted to say what a lovely name you have! Ta! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views