DEPRESSED

Sissy N
on 8/11/04 1:00 am - Hesperia, CA
I can't seem to shake this depression. I have only lost 7.5 pounds this month, why can't I be happy for the loss I am so afraid that this stand still that I am having since 7/18 where I haven't lost one single ounce is permanent Does anyone ever just get to a point and stop and never get to goal. All I can think about is this, it rules my days and nights. I am terrified that I will never break 200 pounds. Please believe me I am soooo happy for how I've done so far but this stand still has me scared and sad I've upped the exercise, water and protein.....I just don't know what else to do. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Sissy Open RNY - 04/12/04 275/200/?????
Robin D.
on 8/11/04 2:36 am - Trempealeau, WI
Sissy: I was also at a standstill and then increased my protein, water and calorie intake. I added a cheese snack in the morning and a cheese snack in the afternoon. These past two weeks I've been down 4 pounds each week. How many calories are you getting in?
Sissy N
on 8/11/04 2:49 am - Hesperia, CA
Robin: I would say I'm getting anywhere between 800-1000 calories per day, per my docs recommendation. I go for my checkup on the 19th, maybe I should decrease it. I have to admit there are some days when I really have to push to even get to 800.
Kim T.
on 8/11/04 4:18 am - Dracut, MA
uhhh 75 lbs in 4 months is what you've lost??? dont pay attention to weekly, look at whole picture, your body has to catch up.. you've lost a LOT more than many of us!!! youre doing great!
Rachelq
on 8/11/04 9:49 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Sissy, Looks to me like you are having great success with your weightloss. You've lost leaps and bounds over what I've lost (not that I'm complaing mind you ) I say, stay off the scale. We are going to have slow downs, stand stills and even gains over the long haul. The previous poster was right. Its the big picture, not the day to day that matters. If you are putting in the proper effort to stay on a healthy diet and exercise regime, you will lose! Give yourself a break and stay off the scale for awhile! Take care, Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 8/16/04 7:30 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Sissy, How's the depression today? I agree with the others, your weight loss will pick up again. Your body just needs to rest every now and then. I've suffered from clinical depression all of my adult life so I can sooooo empathize with you! This board is a great "safe" place to vent and otherwise chew the fat (no pun intended). he he Did you up the water, protein and excercise? Did it help? Keep us posted. You've done FANTASTIC so far!!!!! Ronda
Jennifer R.
on 8/21/04 3:00 pm - DeSoto, TX
Sissy, Yes your weight loss will pick back up-I seem to do more plateau-ing than loosing now. I don't understand it, but I do get encouraged when I do drop several pounds at once. But aside all of that I am experiencing the SEVERE depression thing too. I get scared just like you and wonder "Am I going to break 210 or 205 or (now)200?" I am so scared that one day the weight loss will just stop and I will have lost only what I have and that's it. But you are doing so awesome on the weight loss part. You have lost more than me!!!! But I do obess just like you do. I am constantly thinking about how much I have lost and how much I have to go and what size I am and how much my skin is hanging and how my butt still hangs off my chair at work...............................need I say more? I don't have the answer girlfriend but you are NOT alone. I just try to think of what I will be like in 1 year. That's what keeps me going. Keep your chin up...... Jenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views