Four months out and 55 pounds lighter....

nmlscott
on 8/10/04 2:02 pm - OH
Hi All... Four months out today and 55 pounds lighter - current weight 232.5. I had minor female surgery so the exercise regime went on the back burner for a few weeks. Read many posts where people are down 100 pounds in six months... I want to see the 220's, then the 210's, then the etc..til I hit 170 (my goal) - my doc's goal is 190..... Have to keep reminding myself, the only thing I have cheated with are potato chips and that's not a good thing - a potato chip here and there is BBBBAAAADDDD - for me at least.... Have a great night all... Nancy
Jan K.
on 8/10/04 3:46 pm - Aurora, OH
Hi Nancy! Just wanted to say, "Keep up the good work"..55 lbs is great! I too have discovered potato chips..I must keep telling myself, "Pringles are my enemy!" The funny thing is regular chips, like Lays, which I LOVED before surgery, don't taste that good to me now..but Pringles...well, they taste great! Anyway, you'll be at 170 before you know it! Jan
tonishappy
on 8/10/04 10:30 pm - Greensboro, NC
Nancy - we are surgery buddies - as of yesterday - I too was down 55 pounds. Good job on the weight loss!!! Toni Bowen Open DS - 20 April 2004 Post BMI=54 285/230/135
Pegtrala
on 8/10/04 11:12 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. I had my surgery a week after yours, and I am down 53 pounds. We may not be the all-time speedy weight losers, but I think we are winners anyway! Way to go! Open RNY 274/221/160
DianneW
on 8/11/04 1:15 am - Louisville, KY
I allow myself to have a few of the WOW pringles (fat free) now and then. I'm trying not to be to rigid. I don't keep them in my house though, that would be a bad thing. I treat myself when I'm at my dad's house or somewhere else. Keep up the good work. Dianne
Rachelq
on 8/11/04 9:50 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Nancy, that's great! Isn't it fun losing weight and not worring about gaining it back (yet anyway). Take care, Rachel
Debra S.
on 8/12/04 1:24 am - Hillsborough, NJ
Congrats on your loss - I am four months out - had RNY on 4/15/04 and am down 70 pounds. I have another 50 to get to my goal. My mini goal is another 10 then I will be in onederland. Best of luck to you all.
Carol P.
on 8/17/04 12:20 am - Oxford, AL
WHEW....I dont feel quite so bad now. I had read the other posts of all the girls who had lost 80 plus lbs and I was getting very discouraged. Its nice to see that Im not the only one who hasnt lost that much. My Dr. says Im doing great, I guess Im just a slow loser. Ive lost 54 lbs in 4 months. As long as my scale is going down and not up Ill be Ok. Im happy to lose.....like Ive ever lost 54 lbs in even 6 months before..lol. Keep up the good works sisters!!!!
Debi G.
on 8/17/04 1:41 am - Warwick, RI
I'm glad I found this thread too! I was just reading the thread where everyone had lost over 75 lbs and was feeling kinda bad. I'm 4 months out and have lost 55 lbs. Just came back from the doctor's office and he was pleased with my wt loss. According to the graph, I'm right where I'm supposed to be. All is well again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views