Thank heaven for this surgery!

Jodie B.
on 8/10/04 8:17 am - Sacramento, CA
I just wanted to share this story with others, here's what happened: I was in the Bay area for a meeting and I went to sit down and someone moved my chair (accident!) and I took a horrible fall. I kind of did a backwards free fall & hit my head/ neck on the edge of a heavy table. It was a really bad fall. An ambulance was called & I was taken to the hospital & examined. After I was x-rayed, the doctor came in to ask me about my medical history. I of course told him of my RNY. He asked me how much weight I had lost & I told him 70 pounds. He looked at me and said- here's where it get's erie!- that "if I weighed even 50 pounds more, that was enough force that I would have broken my neck without question." This surgery has saved my life...again! Thanks for letting me share my story! Good luck April losers! Jodie Bohrer 4/6/04 Lap RNY 305/235
MonCheriAmour
on 8/10/04 9:37 am - Lansing, MI
Celebrating your safety!! So glad to hear your doing fine.... Thank Goodness for this surgery!! All I can say is God is Good! Cheri
Pegtrala
on 8/10/04 11:04 am - Beaverton, OR
Wow, Jodie! Thank God you are okay! You're right. Surgery did save your life again. Let's hope all the rest of your falls will be falls in weight. Peggy
Rachelq
on 8/10/04 4:13 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow Jodie, That gave me chills. There are so many reasons to be happy about this life saving tool, but I wouldn't have thought of that one!!! Awesome! Rachel
DianneW
on 8/11/04 1:13 am - Louisville, KY
That's amazing, I'm so glad you are ok! Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out