Too Many Foods Agree with Me!

Pegtrala
on 8/9/04 1:33 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. I can eat almost anything and not dump or I am really scared because I find myself in some very old eating patterns. I sometimes wish that I couldn't eat some of the things I eat. I am glad that I have lost 53 lbs. since my surgery, but I know it could be a lot more with better choices. The other thing I am afraid of is that I might be stretching my pouch. Any words of wisdom? Thanks for listening. Peggy Open RNY 4/27/04 274/221
Annette I.
on 8/9/04 3:42 pm - burbs of sac, CA
Kind of a tough call as I am floating in the same boat as you.... my guess is that unless you are over eating you wont be stretching your pouch, if you are just kind of grazing though your day you will stop losing or drasticly slow your loss. I am of the understanding that over time our intestines adjust to the malabsoption thing and we will start absorbing more. Now is the time to take advantage if you can... I know its easier said than done. Good luck!
Pegtrala
on 8/10/04 8:39 am - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Annette. I am working hard today. I appreciate your words of encouragement. Peggy
Rachelq
on 8/9/04 9:13 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Peggy, I know how you feel. I can eat most anything except breads and tortillas. But now is the time for us to learn new eating habits. It doens't happen over night though, so don't beat yourself up, just stay focused on the goal. I write out an eating schedule (for me and the family) and that helps a lot, but I have good and bad days. I've decided if I feel like I can't get my head in order, I will seek psych help. Hope all goes well for you.
Pegtrala
on 8/10/04 8:41 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Rachel. Thanks for your comments. I always value what you write to others because it seems so much from your heart. I am really watching things today and decided today is a new beginning. Thanks again. Peggy
Rachelq
on 8/10/04 10:05 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Peggy, Good for you. That's what I'm always saying, "Do over!" And what a sweet thing to say about my posts. I feel so fortunate to have everyone on this board to bounce things off of. The pleasure and privilege is truly mine! Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/04 9:18 pm - South of Boston, MA
Peggy, I think a lot of this whole thing is mind games... we've gotta trick ourselves into thinking that the foods will make us sick... I know I have to ---- especially after eating teaspoonfuls of toffee bits, waiting to feel sick!! :-x Boy was I suprised when it didn't bother me at all--- but eating a sugar-free treat, I'm sick! UGH! :-/ I just can't have tempting foods around me, because it's like baiting me. No popcorn, crackers, chips.... those are big time trigger foods... I can eat way too much at one sitting than I think I should... but, tell me, will I eat too much of a protein bar or a piece of turkey, NEVER! It's all in my head! I hope that helps, you're not alone. :hug: Beth -85+
Pegtrala
on 8/10/04 8:44 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Beth. Yes, your comments really help. I know I'm not alone. I'm beginning afresh today. You are another one I really value on-line. Thanks for responding. Peggy
Lynda S.
on 8/19/04 4:55 am - Frederick, OK
I agree so much with you about the mind games. I found myself in grocery store the other day looking for something different and I went to chips. Yes, different than I have been eating but not good for me. I have trained myself to read labels and they usually bring me back to reality........ no protein I usually put it back. I put the chips back. I have a box of protein bars that like you said I have to choke down......now why would that be except for my mind. I am determined I didn't go through this for nothing. I had my surgery on .4/27 and I am down 58 lbs. I think if we just stop and THINK we will be able to realize what we have been through to get to this point and determine we are not going to mess that up. If I feel the urge to nibble I pour myself a glass of water. It will fill me up just like a sugary snack. Lynda P.S. I have only had one bad experience with food so I too worry that it will all agree too much with me. !!!!
Ira T.
on 8/9/04 11:37 pm - IL
I totally understand how you feel. I was getting sick almoust daily for whole 3 months after the surgery and could eat only blended foods. Now, it looks like I can do most of the foods, except for meat. It's scary to me too. I decided to myself the following: if I want to eat something that I am not supposed to, I am telling myself OK, but after 10 minutes on treadmill. Usually, all desires go away after I exersise. So, I agree with others, somehow we should learn how to eat right. Take care Ira
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views