Chinese?

sloane
on 8/9/04 10:22 am - New Albany, OH
Hi everyone. Has anyone tried Chinese food yet? It used to be my favorite food but I haven't tried it yet and I'm nervous about the amount of sugar in it. Please tell me what you've tried and what's worked well. Thanks! Tandi 246/189/?
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/04 11:36 am - South of Boston, MA
Hiya! As for Chinese, all I've tried is soup broth, which was fine... well-cooked veggies from the soups, stir-fry veggies, a few bites of the inside of an egg roll (which did not settle, and made me feel awful ), and a few bites of the chicken inside a chicken finger, too greasy! We don't bother with it at all anymore, it's just too expensive to waste! I'll have it if someone else is buying, since I take like five bites and I'm done! I adore many dishes, but it's not worth it to order everything I like on my own, lol. Just give me a spoonful of your beef & broccoli and I'm good to go. Or, if I really crave it, I get the Chinese Vegetable Soup for myself and that's a snack... As for what to avoid, I would avoid anything deep-fried (aka crab rangoon, fried shrimp, egg rolls, chicken wings, chicken fingers... most everything on a pu-pu platter!) anything too dry and hard to chew (aka spareribs, beef teriyaki can be chewy!), anything with a "sweet & sour" name, orange beef or chicken...etc... I also would avoid rice, noodles and bread... and of course, the duck sauce! The best bet would be the vegetarian dishes, the stir-frys with chicken, shrimp, beef, pork... steamed veggies, pork strips (if not too dry)... you get the idea... I hope this helps! Beth -85
Rachelq
on 8/9/04 9:05 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I haven't tried 'real' chinese yet. I have had egg flower soup though. I also eat at a fast food place called pick up stix because they have a low carb menu. Eating chinese is tricky because most of the sauces have surgar or flower.
Rachelq
on 8/10/04 12:11 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
...or flour rather! Duh
Josie C.
on 8/10/04 2:40 am - High Desert, CA
I've tried a couple of Chinese food dishes, but I am very picky. So far nothing I have chosen has come back to haunt me. I enjoy Wor Won Ton Soup, Egg Flower Soup, Egg Foo Young, chicken and green beans, and peppered chicken. Since I love Chinese food I am staying away from chow mein, noodles, and rice. Good Luck on your choices. -63
belovedwun
on 8/10/04 4:30 am - Roosevelt, NY
hey Tandi I have tried chicken and broccoli in garlic sauce, shrimp and scallops with mixed vegetables, general tso chicken, and I was fine I only ate a little bit as you know and the baby got the rest she loves chinese food Sharon
Cat R.
on 8/10/04 10:28 am - Madison, AL
I can eat it all except the fried foods. And I try to stay away from the rice (but I do eat a bit of it). Cat -66
wendyjax
on 8/11/04 1:57 am - Jacksonville, FL
I have tried wonton soup and Chicken and broccoli. I just found you want to eat it slow. And you will need to share. It would take me a week to eat a lunch time portion.
Lori R.
on 8/11/04 6:34 am - New Alexandria, PA
I've tried just about everything except for what would be really sweet or overly greasy. I've had egg rolls, spring rolls, sushi, all types with shrimp or chicken or beef, just about everything really that doesn't fit into sweet or greasy categories with no problem. We have a chinese buffet place near here and I do a plate with a spoon of all different things on it and am a happy camper in the end! I am down 76 pounds at just a little over 3 months out, so I guess it is OK! Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views