I was wrong

Shigigi
on 8/7/04 12:05 am - Westfield, NJ
Hi all it's me again remember I said about a week ago I said my plateau stopped I was wrong for one day the scale went down four pounds I was so excited I called my husband at work and when he got home I ran to show him how much I lost when I got on the scale it was back up the four pound and it never came back down. So I was wrong I am still not losing any weight . Im so depressed I feel like this too Im going to fail. I stopped drinking my protein drinks and started eating food I wasn't really eating foods I was mostly drinking protein drinks. But when I went to a support group meeting the doctor there said maybe your consuming too many calories so I stopped drinking them to see if that will do anything for me. Im trying to drink more and trying to move more it's not so easy even though I have lost 60 pounds I still have back pain because most of my weight is in my stomach but it is getting better I can walk further and move better thank God. I did get on the scale this morning and it said I am down 3 pounds but Im not saying a word until it stays that way for a few days. I hope everyone is doing great! And I hope your losing, losing, losing,. Take care Love Regina
DianneW
on 8/7/04 4:06 am - Louisville, KY
Hang in there. Dianne
Shigigi
on 8/8/04 11:09 pm - Westfield, NJ
Hi Dianne Im trying to hang in there but you know it's not easy when you see your friends passing you by and your at a stand still. Yesterday I got on the scale it said I was back down my husband was there when I weighted myself so he could see for himself I was not crazy but this morning it says im up. Oh well all I can hope for is that this weight will start going down soon. Take care Dianne and thank you for replying to me. Regina
Brendielee
on 8/7/04 7:48 am - Groton, MA
Hi Regina. I seem to plateau every 5 lbs. But yesterday I was down 3 lbs and today I was back up to where I was. It does get frustrating but hang in there hon! Brenda
Shigigi
on 8/8/04 11:15 pm - Westfield, NJ
Hi Brenda thank you Im will try to hang in there Im walking a lot more and drinking more water. So Im hoping things will change soon. I love your picture your gorgeous. Talk to you soon. Regina
frea2bea
on 8/8/04 4:09 am - COlorado Springs, CO
These plataues are frustrating... I think I would weigh-in less. I only weigh in at the surgeons office, or the support group meeting. It takes some "DOING" to Not weigh in. We don't have a scale at home. I like to measure myself once a month,too. THis shows me a more dramatic change when the scale doesn't seem to budge. Keep up the great work.
Shigigi
on 8/8/04 11:40 pm - Westfield, NJ
Hi Denise it's not so easy to do that I wi**** was Im afraid of not being able to see if Im doing really bad it's a mind game I have failed at diets so many times I just need to know everything is going smoothly I think if I didn't have a scale to tell me Im doing ok I would go crazy just wondering.. Thank you for replying to me. Im so glad I have you guy's I really like being able to talk to people who are going through the same thing I am it make things easier . Take care talk to you soon. Regina
Julie V.
on 8/8/04 11:49 am - Slatington, PA
Dear Regina, Hi my name is Julie. Can I give you some advice? THROW OUT YOUR SCALE! I was told to not even have a scale in my house. I was told that you will drive yourself nuts weighing yourself all the time. Just stick to the diet that your doctor prescribed and try to exercise as much as you are comfortable with. The pounds will come off. I have lost 80 lbs since April. I only step on a scale when I go to see the doctor, that way when I weigh myself it is a positive thing cause I know I have lost since the last time I got weighed. Otherwise you are going to keep getting depressed and eventually you could start into overeating and stuff and that wouldn't be good. If you need to talk I am here for you. Good luck with everything. Julie
Shigigi
on 8/8/04 11:27 pm - Westfield, NJ
Hi Julie your right I should throw it away but I don't have the strength to do that I use it way too much but I need to know Im doing the right thing I need to keep track maybe I will weigh myself once a week that's a big maybe. God bless your doing great 80 pounds that really good I hope you have continued success all the way to your goal. Take care. Regina
Rondaslosinit
on 8/9/04 2:42 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Regina! I too have lost 60 lbs. and my surgery was 3 weeks before yours! I know it's frustrating but I did something the other day that helped me a lot and I thought I would share it with you! Get out some old pictures of yourself. I mean at your heaviest weight. Look at the pictures now look in the mirror- quite a difference, huh? Hope it helps! It helped me a lot when I was getting depressed that everyone else was losing much faster than me. I'm now happy with my progress. Good Luck, Ronda p.s. Plataeus can't last forever! You can outlast it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views