Broke off my engagement.....

BeckyB1971
on 8/5/04 10:13 am - Manitowoc, WI
We were engaged for about 9 years. He started to get really controlling a while back. I thought it was because of this surgery but I now realize that he controlled my way back when. I never used to go anywhere because I was too embarrassed about the way I looked and now that I have had the surgery and have lost (65 lbs. so far) I want to go out and do things. He never minded when he left me sitting home when he went out. I started to go shopping and tanning and it absolutely drove him nuts. He is still pretty mad that I kicked him out but I hope in time that he realizes that it is for the best - we were both unhappy way before I had this surgery. We have two children together and I hope for their sake he mellows out.
Happy Girl
on 8/5/04 12:30 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Hi Becky...It takes a very strong person to know when it's time to end a relationship you've been in for so long. I am happy for you and I know you will be happy with your choices. It's nice to be able to actually live life and enjoy doing things you werent able to do before. Good luck in your future. Priscilla
DianneW
on 8/6/04 12:22 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry, I know how hard that is, but congratulations for having the strength and courage to do it. It's amazing how loosing weight can give us the confidence we need! Hang in there. Dianne
frea2bea
on 8/8/04 4:16 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Becky, I'll be praying for you. YOu are a strong woman, and you must do what you MUST do. This is not an easy time of your life. All the bestto you and your children...
M J.
on 8/10/04 12:25 pm - Northern, CA
I just recently Legally Separated from my spouse. We have been living like room mates for the past 6 years, and haven't had any sex or intimacy for 3 years! He injured his back shortly after we were married, and began distancing himself from everyone -- he has now become dependent on his medications, doesn't leave the house except to go to his Dr. appointments, and is jealous that I want to go out and socialize! He has put on about 70 lbs, since he injured his back, and he had back surgery in 2000, but his pain continues to increase (so he says) Sometimes, there comes a point in our lives that we just have to get up the nerve to boot them out the door!! Best of luck to you! Melissa 04/28/2004 RNY-Lap 05/29/2004 Bowel Obstruction-Open 06/07/2004 Endoscopy w/Dilation 07/15/2005 Diagnosis of Thrombophlebitis (Blood clot within an inflamed vein) 07/15/2004 Diagnosis of Labyrinthitis (Fluid and inflammation of the Labyrinth of the otitis interna -- inner ear) 238/178 -60 lbs gone forever, -4 clothing sizes & shrinking, and feeling sexier everyday!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views