3 month check up

donnasmiley75
on 8/1/04 5:21 am - glendale, AZ
hello it's me again. just giving an up date. well lets see befor surgery my weight was 295lb now i am at 238lb so I have lost 57lb and counting. I still don't think I am getting my protein in. But I sure do try I don't like the Shakes. There are some bars that I like but I don't eat enought of them. I eat tuna and chicken like crazy. I am starting to get tired of it.My water is not enought eather I am going crazy. well please check in let me know how you all are doing oh can some one let me know about drinking alcohol and if we can drink it and how much my birthday is on Aug 22 and i would like to Drink a little.
Pegtrala
on 8/1/04 3:31 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Donna. Congrats on your great weight loss! We had our surgeries just one day apart. I'm not crazy about the shakes either, but I did find a protein bar I like. It is Premier Protein, and it has 30 grams of protein in one bar! I eat at least one a day and get half my protein in for the day. Isn't that great? I found them at Costco. This sure is a journey, and it sounds like we each have similarities and differences in this journey. I don't know about the alcohol. Hopefully, someone else will write about that. My birthday is Aug 30th, but I am much older. It's nice to know we can begin a new slimmer life at any age. Take care. Peg
Robin D.
on 8/2/04 12:00 am - Trempealeau, WI
Donna - Have you tried the Carb Countdown milk? It has 12 grams/protein in 8 ounces. I drink it over ice. Here's a smoothie drink that has 20 grams of protein: 3 ounces flavored SF syrup (DaVinci's) Raspberry or Strawberry 1 scoop vanilla protein 5 ounces water 3-5 frozen strawberries 3-5 slices banana 5-6 ice cubes Blend You can also take the Carb Countdown milk and mix it with SF carnation instant breakfast drink (chocolate or vanilla) for extra protein. I also put this over ice as I can't stand it when it starts to get warm. How about eating some peanut butter. I sometimes just take a tablespoon and eat on it as a snack at night. In terms of water, I can't drink it plain...too boring. I like to mix it with SF Lipton ice tea mix. Also the Crystal Lite's in the little tubes are cheaper than buying the pre-mixed bottles. Also, string cheese is a great option as a nighttime snack/extra protein. Good luck Robin
Rachelq
on 8/2/04 12:01 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Donna, I don't like shakes either. Remember that beans, nuts and cottage cheese are good protien choices too. I also by liquid protien from GNC (also available on line). I add it to my water and I ge****er and protien at the same time (but not the thickness of a shake). I add a little splenda for taste. As far as alcohol, be careful drinking if you aren't getting enough water. It will deplete you of water even more! If I drink, I get all my water in first and then I have a glass of water for every alc. drink. On that note, drinking is different for everyone after wls. For me, its a quick buzz and just as quickly its gone. Always try you first drink at home. You never know how it will effect you. And watch out, most mixed drinks have a lot of surgar and that can make you dump. Again try your drink of choice at home first. Happy birthday (mine is the 13th) Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views