Post menopausal weight-loss problems?

Nancy M.
on 7/30/04 11:17 pm - Monticello, MN
I have been writing about my long-term plateau and now am wondering if it has anything to do with my age. Are there any others out there in my category? If so, what methods are you trying to keep the weight loss going? I can't believe that after this surgery I am going to quit losing at 50 pounds. My WLS was on 4/19/04 and I quit losing after two months. I am five weeks on total plateau and can't get off. Am looking for ideas to help the loss start again. I have a call in to the dietician, but she hasn't returned me call yet.
Pegtrala
on 7/31/04 3:03 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Nancy. I sent you an email. I'm plateauing too. Maybe we can give each other a pep talk and root each other on. I'm working on controlling my portions better and trying to get in my protein. I have slacked off on exercise and know that I need to up that too. Good luck, and keep in touch! Peg
Robin D.
on 8/1/04 11:47 pm - Trempealeau, WI
You might want to consider writing everything down - water amount, protein, portion size, calories. You might be surprised at the amount you're eating. If you stay on your platue for too long, I would contact your nutritionist armed with the above information and hopefully they can help. I platued for about 2 weeks and started doing this at someone's suggestion. I found I had been increasing my portion size and eating too many "healthy snacks" and had slacked off on my protein. The next week I was down 4 pounds. Good luck.
Pegtrala
on 8/2/04 12:06 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Robin. I think you hit the nail on the head. I know I am doing too much snacking on the wrong foods. I also know my portion size is too large, so I just need to suck it up and get going! One healthy thing I did do yesterday was go for a walk. Now, I know that doesn't sound like much, but this is the first walk in our neighborhood without my husband since my surgery for stomach cancer. I can do this! It was very exciting. I am stronger than I think I am. Thanks again for writing. Peg
Robin D.
on 8/2/04 12:10 am - Trempealeau, WI
Congrats on walking. I'm having a hard time in the exercise department. I'm doing lots of "stuff", like working on landscaping, camping, swimming with my daughter, but not enough walking and exercise...it's the one place I'm really falling down in. I hope my suggestions help. Robin
Pegtrala
on 8/2/04 12:28 am - Beaverton, OR
Okay. I have a question for you, Robin. Were you able to do all that activity before you lost your weight? I think all that "stuff" constitutes exercise! Just keep doing it because it is the fun stuff that will keep you going. Walking was never fun for me....until now. Now it is easy, and I want more! Good luck, and thanks again for your suggestions. Peg
Robin D.
on 8/2/04 12:30 am - Trempealeau, WI
Peg - I could do them to some extent, but was so exhausted afterwards. Now I can do these things and actually have energy afterwards. Robin
Pegtrala
on 8/3/04 1:30 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Robin. My sister Patty came to visit. I haven't seen her in over 2 months. She's a real skinny minney. We took a walk, and she had trouble keeping up with me! It was so exciting to feel like a normal person. I just need to keep reminding myself that eating slim is worth it! The rewards are fantastic! Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views