Happy Birthday!!!!! April 27er

Renee W.
on 7/27/04 5:41 am - Greenville, SC
Let me know how everyone is doing at 3 months Anniversay
PHYLLIS S.
on 7/27/04 6:58 am - LOS BANOS, CA
Happy day Happy day Happy day!!! I am amazed that three months has passed. I have lost 59lbs and 88 inches. I am stuck on a plateau with PMS (oh wait,,maybe it's a cliff) hahaha Congrats to all of us big losers!
Rachelq
on 7/27/04 8:41 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Renee!!! I almost missed it again! In honor of the day, I got on the scale (which I generally only do on doc appt days). I'm down since my appt last week. 2 more lbs to 196...yeah! See you later 200's. Feeling good (except for the occasional fall of the wagon). Rachel
pfrigy
on 7/27/04 1:25 pm - Stow, OH
Doing good! Aren't you glad you did this!! 71 pounds gone forever. Off my blood pressure and glucophage stuff, knees feeling SO much better! Finally, people are really coming up saying wow! How much have you lost? 66 pounds to go till goal. Yahoo! If I make goal I will weigh 27 pounds less than high school, 20 pounds more than 6th grade!!! Life is good, praise God and our surgeons....
Pegtrala
on 7/27/04 4:17 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. Congrats everyone! I must admit that I am really scared. We had company for about 5 days...our best friends...and now I am feeling out of control! I can eat a larger quantity of food and I am scared that all the good that I have done these past 3 months will come tumbling down around me. I did get on the scales this morning, and I am 1 1/2 lbs shy of the 50 lb mark. I want and need to get on with things! Maybe I just need a good kick in the you know what! Anyone else struggling and feeling scared? Thanks. Peggy
Sue B
on 7/27/04 10:13 pm - WI
Hi I am a 27th er and am down 49# (was 50, but gained 1 back). I am sturggling & know I must be doing something wrong because the scale & inches are not moving ....
Pegtrala
on 7/28/04 12:52 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Sue. I'm right there with you. Let's BOTH make our scales move....in the right direction! Someone on the board wrote to me that we didn't gain this weight in 3 months, so we shouldn't expect it to disappear in 3 months either. We just need to stay plugged in to positive reinforcement. Here is where I find mine. Good luck. Peggy
Robin D.
on 7/27/04 11:37 pm - Trempealeau, WI
Happy birthday to everyone. I am down 55 pounds and am off my oral and insulin for diabetes. For those struggling, you have my sympathies. I have really had the urge to binge. I am keeping myself to two protein drinks a day and for supper a small amount of whatever we have. I do allow myself some peanuts in the a.m. and cheese/crackers in the p.m. as a snack. At night if I'm still hungry I have Carb Countdown chocolate milk (12 grams protein/3 grams sugar). I also drink flavored drinks like SF ice tea, crystal lite, etc. instead of jus****er...it helps fight off urges for food. To all struggling, you are in my prayers, as I hope I am in yours. Thincerely yours, Robin
Pegtrala
on 7/28/04 12:47 pm - Beaverton, OR
Robin, I am so tickled to hear you are off your insulin. That is wonderful! I am so grateful for this group of people. Do you all have support groups you attend? I kind of came at this surgery through the back door in that I had stomach cancer, so my doctor was not one of the doctors doing bariatric surgery who offers a support group with surgery. I saw a nutritionist 3 times, and that really helped. It also helps reading what everyone is doing as far as protein and water. I'm still a little confused about when to drink and when not to. I appreciate your prayers, and you are also in mine. God bless and keep you all. Peggy
Robin D.
on 7/28/04 11:27 pm - Trempealeau, WI
I go to the monthly support meetings at my hospital (Gundersen Lutheran, LaCrosse, WI). Between that, a local web/listserve support group of people who have had this surgery I belong to. I also attend a weekly TOPS meeting. While they are supportive, it's still not the same as having people there who have gone through what you've gone through. I am also a cancer survivor also. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago (age 32) for uterine cancer (caught while we were going through fertility treatments). In terms of water, stop drink 1/2 before you eat and don't start until 1/2 hour after you eat. Don't hesitate to email if you have anymore questions. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views