Roll call to all April surgerys and have ?s

ruthdebra
on 7/23/04 4:14 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Donna - At my 3 month checkup last week I was down 55 lbs - some of it prior to surgery but I'm starting to lump it together as it was just a couple of weeks, lots of fluid, etc. My scale is higher than my dr's so I'm going by his of course. Started at 253 and down to 197.5 (198 the next day at a different dr's) I'm swimming at least 5 days a week. I'm feeling wonderful. My pant size is down to an 18w - dress, 16w. I started at 24-26. I am able to eat most foods, eating protein first, etc. Getting in my fluids. I keep thinking that I'm losing slowly but that's ok- I'm older and shorter than most of you. I'm no longer morbidly obese - just severely obese. LOL. I am healthier every day - not coughing and wheezing. I am so happy that I had this surgery. Ruth
Peggy Boyd
on 7/23/04 4:54 am - Antioch, TN
My surgery was April 26th. My 3 month aniversary will be on Monday. As of this morning I had lost 73lbs. I am happy with that but a little discouraged because I have another 150 to go till I am a healthy weight or 120 until I have lost 70% of my excess body weight. I am not doing water arobics anymore. Now I just walk all over downtown Nashville. My pants are very loose but I still wear them. I am also having trouble getting my protein in. I gag on most protein sources. I can also eat a little more then I used to, but I still cannot eat a lot. For instance one chicken nugget fills me up. I could eat most of another one, but then I end up barfing. I have to sip water while I eat. I figure I can be doing to much damage if its just little sips. I am glad we can be here to support each other. I am very proud of all of you. I think we did something VERY BRAVE to get where we are and it is not the easy way out.
Pegtrala
on 7/24/04 12:32 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. I'd like to join the April rollcall. I have lost 47 lbs since my surgery April 27th. I try to eat 1 Premier Protein bar that I get at Costco. It has 30 G of protein, so I get half of what I need there. What is the advantage of drinking water? I haven't been encouraged to do so, and I read that you all are doing it. I'm a little concerned that I am able to eat larger quantities of food than I used to. Everything seems to agree with me. I see my gastroenterologist on August 5th, so I'll report back what my weightloss is then. Let's keep on keepin' on! Peggy
DEB W.
on 7/26/04 12:48 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey Peggy, I am 4/07/04 and down 67 lbs..I have to have at least 90 oz of fluids, this counts for protein shakes, crstyal ligh****er, decaf coffee, watermelon etc. You must get your fluids in, it helps with the weight loss. I love protein bars so much better than the shakes, but I am going to try the recipie for the smoothie. don't get discouraged, it tooks us longer than 3 months to get the way were: remember this. Deb
janiej
on 7/26/04 3:07 am - Independence, IA
I'm here ~~ surgery 4/14 and down 72 lbs. Started at 272 ~~ this morning was 200.5. Can't wait to hit onederland!!! Was tight 24/26 and am in 18 jeans and will be soon into 16's. Love Minute Maid Mango Tropical juice in a can. Only 10 calories. Have trouble with straigh****er (except for early am) Go figure. I'm still looking for a good protein bar. Usually get my protein from food with only an occasional shake. Feel great -- no more diabetes meds or cholestrol meds. Blood sugar runs 100 most mornings. Life is good and I would do this again in a heartbeat!! Janie 272/200/140?
Pegtrala
on 7/27/04 4:33 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Deb. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Peg
Nancy M.
on 7/26/04 11:58 pm - Monticello, MN
Congratulations to you and all the other April WLS that have replied. I lost fifty pounds my first two months and then hit the wall. I have not lost one ounce in July. I am going to post to the chat board again to find out what others are doing to break the plateau. I am starting this week to keep a diary. I will try to spread out my food and drink more water. At Curves I will try to increase my reps and walk more (boring!). I thought I might even break out the bicycle and find some bike trails around the lakes in our area. I know I should be happy with my total of 55 pounds down from my high, but it is SO DEPRESSING to not lose anything in a whole month. I am off my bp meds, my blood sugar is between 82-107, which is totally awesome and I feel better. My FAT clothes have been sold at a garage sale and donated to Goodwill -- there's no going back now.
Mike G.
on 8/1/04 6:42 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/28/04 with
You All are doing fantisti****ep it up. I'm April 28th and down 87 Pounds. My pouch feels normal and I'm very happy with the amount that I can eat as long as I don't gain any mor pouch capacity.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views