Roll call to all April surgerys and have ?s

donnasmiley75
on 7/20/04 1:26 pm - glendale, AZ
hello all how are you all doing? well Me I have lost 52lb and counting lost 7 pant sizes. and I have been working out at L.a fitness 4 times a week. I am having trouble with my protein. and not sure if this is right but I am able to eat a little more then before does anyone know. I also wanted to let eveyone know that I am doing good with the not drinking 1/2hr before and after eating that is kinda of hard. how is everyone else with that. ok enough about me I want to know how you all are doing.
Larakatya
on 7/20/04 11:21 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hi there Donna, I have lost since surgery 80 lbs as of my 3 month checkup yesterday. I had been biking 14 miles a day/3 days a week, but the bike was too short for me (I'm 6'3") and it threw it out so now I am just walking my 30 mins. . .trying to find that next workout plan. . .or buy a bike that fits soon. Eating most days is good. I get the majority of my protein from dairy, but can generally eat any meat, nut, tofu, legume I try. I find that I HAVE to get my water in every day, and I have to get in a fruit and or cellulose fiber every day or my system isn't happy. Total loss since I started my journey is now 125 - I was 400 lbs the day of my Surgeon's Surgical Seminar, 355 at Operating date, and 275 yesterday afternoon. I found a picture of myself from Summer 2002. . . man alive. I had no idea I had gotten that large. Denial is a powerful thing. I look at the picture and fear for that beautiful girl's life. . .I remember how hard it was for her to breath and sleep, I remember the self-esteem that was so hard-won and defensive and I just thank God/dess that she got strong enough to ask for help to take care of that life threatening situation. Best wishes to you, ~Lara PS the drinking/eating thing gets easier. I started practicing it 9 months before my surgery, it becomes "the way" you do things before too long.
klhmom3
on 7/21/04 2:10 am - Clovis, CA
Hi all! I have my check up today! I am hoping to be in ONEderland! I am pretty close.
wildrose021
on 7/21/04 2:15 am - MN
April 26 04 im down to 179 from 242 i dont know how many pants size i've gone down because i only bought stretch pants so if i lose or expand i would still fit but i havent lost alot in my stomach its so frustrating i look pregnant and have been asked it so many times. im not doing to well with fluids but im getting better except now its in the 90's food is tough too. its been a struggle for me but when i get through it i can look back and say i made it. - christine
tonishappy
on 7/21/04 2:33 am - Greensboro, NC
I am down 49 pounds! Surgery 20 on 20 April 2004. I am doing great with Protein drinks - I use orange crystal light with Vanilla 100% Optimum Whey three times a day. Water is good during the week and hard to do on the weekends. I am bad about not exercising every day - I am only averaging about 2 days a week sometimes not that. I know it would help my slow process go faster. I am going to try and concentrate on that this week. Toni Bowen M&M/DS - 20 April 2004 - BMI = 54 285/236/135 -23 lbs - 20 May 2004 -37 lbs - 20 June 2004 -49 lbs - 20 July 2004
tonishappy
on 7/21/04 2:33 am - Greensboro, NC
I am down 49 pounds! Surgery on 20 April 2004. I am doing great with Protein drinks - I use orange crystal light with Vanilla 100% Optimum Whey three times a day. Water is good during the week and hard to do on the weekends. I am bad about not exercising every day - I am only averaging about 2 days a week sometimes not that. I know it would help my slow process go faster. I am going to try and concentrate on that this week. Toni Bowen M&M/DS - 20 April 2004 - BMI = 54 285/236/135 -23 lbs - 20 May 2004 -37 lbs - 20 June 2004 -49 lbs - 20 July 2004
Rachelq
on 7/21/04 6:36 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi. I just had my 3 mo checkup. I've lost 41lbs so far. I'm officially below 200lbs @ 197.9 ... yeah. I have gone from a 22 pant to 18 (getting baggy) and 24 top to 18/20. Yeah. Water and protien are fine now. I still have some bad days. I also follow the no drinking with meals rule unless I'm out to eat. Then I allow wine with dinner. I dump on occasion if I eat something that is too dense, and can't do breads or tortillas at all (but I'm not supposed to anyways). since surgery: I'm off bp meds No more severe edema Not getting winded like before and under 200 Now I'm looking forward to gettig rid of my cpap in the next few months. Terrific! Rachel
Jan K.
on 7/21/04 6:37 am - Aurora, OH
Hi Donna: My surgery was April 14..so I'm 13 weeks out as of today and down 68 lbs. I've averaged about 3lbs a week since my first month, which was a pound a day! I exercise regularly, 3-4 times a week, but do not eat enought NOR do I get in all the protein I should. Hate the shakes, meat doesn't agree with me, but get my protein from yogurt and cheese and milk..I'm very close to "Onederland" but not there yet..next week, I hope. Still have a long way to go, but am thankful I had this surgery and would do it again in a minute! Jan K
Robin D.
on 7/22/04 4:47 am - Trempealeau, WI
Hi all. I just got back from my 3 month checkup (4/27/04 surgery date). I am down 52 pounds total. I am good with protein (60 grams/day) and water (64 ounces/day). If you want something light for summertime,try this: 3 ounces sugar free raspberry flavoring (DaVinci's) 5 ounces water 1 scoop vanilla protein 3 strawberries 3 slices frozen banana lots of ice Blend together It's a great smoothie, refreshing and helps with protein intake. I have one of these every day for lunch.
Josie C.
on 7/22/04 1:07 pm - High Desert, CA
I am down 54lbs...that is -45 since surgery day. I have changed sizes, not really sure how many since most of my clothes were stretchy...I have gotten into my largest pair of jeans which are a 26p. I work out 4-5 days a week at Curves. I have no problem with any meat so far so I am getting in all my protein 60g and water 64oz daily. I did have to supplement my meals with at least one shake a day because I couldn't consume enough meat to get my protein up to 60g. I feel I am losing slowly and have tried to add walking into my routine, but I am only getting in one day of walking a week...hopefully it will improve with time and schedule adjustments.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views