Any sources on the net to find the nutritional content in the food we are eating?

thin_tyme
on 7/20/04 5:23 am - WY
We eat such little food and so the normal resources are not a help to me. If any of you know where I could find a resource that will tell me: So many calories in 2 ounces of this and so many grams of protein in that. Thanks if anyone can help. Yahoo to all of us April people. Mechelle surgery April 16 starting weight 283 weight now 229 starting BMI 44.5 morbidly obese BMI now 37 obese
Amy M.
on 7/20/04 9:27 am - Carlisle, IN
Hi Mechelle! Have you ever tried BariatricEating.com? It's a great website and she has written a great book about life after Bariatric surgery. I loved the book. I had surgery on 4/13 and have lost 60 Lb. as of today - started at 271 and weighed in at 211 this morning. I hope this website helps you! ~Amy
thin_tyme
on 7/21/04 5:26 am - WY
Hi Amy, thanks for the idea. I have visited bariatriceating.com before. I guess that I didn't look real hard. I'll give that a try again. Congratulations on your success so far. Keep it up!! Mechelle
Cat R.
on 7/20/04 11:59 am - Madison, AL
I like fitday.com although, it's not comprehensive, it gives you a rough idea, and you can even track all your weight progress. Are you only eating 2 oz of stuff at this far out? Cat -58
Middlesgirl
on 7/20/04 12:03 pm - Lansing, MI
I know I can't handle much more than 2 oz even now. It's so frustrating to try and figure out what is in everything.
Cat R.
on 7/20/04 12:09 pm - Madison, AL
You poor thing. I've been eating pretty good, and I think that's the only way I could've gotten through this thing. I wanted to change my eating habits, but I didn't want to change THAT much. I eat about 4-6 oz. of stuff, and I'm full (I rarely eat between meals). What does your doc say. Cat
thin_tyme
on 7/21/04 5:29 am - WY
Hey Cat. Thanks for the web address. I think that is the one that I have heard others talk about. I eat about 3 ounces for each meal and no snacks. Well I take that back. I have been eating some apple sauce about midday and mixing it with flax seed. Thanks again Mechelle
Rachelq
on 7/22/04 1:21 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I log all my meals into fitday.com. It tracks calories, fat, carbs, etc. There is already a long list of food to choose from, or you can create your own. It also track your workouts. So you see calories and out on the site. Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 8/1/04 1:07 am - Richardson, TX
I use fitday.com as well but www.dietfacts.com is also a nice little website that gives nutritional content of a lot of restaurant foods. It helps when you have to eat out. Good Luck, Ronda
Pegtrala
on 8/1/04 1:18 am - Beaverton, OR
Hey everybody. Here's a site my nutritionist uses a lot. It is http://www.calorieking.com/ Give it a try. Good luck! Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views