Cleaning the Closet

Robin D.
on 7/19/04 6:04 am - Trempealeau, WI
Well - I finally bit the bullet and cleaned the closet. Man it was strange to say goodbye to clothes that have been with me for so many years. There are a few people I know who had WLS and are in need of my size clothes (24/26 jeans/2X shirts), so they are going to a good home. I can't wait to start filling it up with my skinny cloths!
rstauz
on 7/19/04 9:13 am - Milwaukee, WI
I just got to do the same thing!! What a great feeling. I couldn't dispose of them yet, I packed them up in a big box. I was nice to pull things out of the box that I have not been able to wear in well of 7 years!! I packed up size 24/26 and pulled out size 20's and 22's. Can't wait to shop for 16 and 18's... This is wonderful! 268/217/135
Pegtrala
on 7/19/04 11:40 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi Robin. I'm dancing right along with you! I cleaned out my clothes about a month ago, and I haven't looked back. I immediately went out the same day and bought some clothes that really fit. I went shopping again about a week and a half ago, and I bought a few more. It's really a good time to buy summer things since they are on sale, and by the time fall comes, we should be down even more! It's going kind of slowly for me, but that's okay because it's still downward. Keep on keeping on. Peg 274/228/150
Rae Smiles
on 7/19/04 11:51 am - Mount Airy, MD
I too have been cleaning out the closet...the weird part is I get to clean out my closet almost every week. Today is 3 months exactly and have lost 59 lbs and have gone from a size 24 to a 16....WOW!! I can hardly believe it. I can't wait to start shopping for fall clothes. RAE
David@Goal
on 7/19/04 12:28 pm - VA
Robin - I just did the same thing yesterday - I got rid of four lawn & leaf size bags filled with suits, jeans, anything FAT! Had my wife take them to Goodwill so they were out of here forever. Started at 379 (6'3') and now at 279, so having lost 100 pounds - I am down from a tight 54 to a loose 46, and from 4X to 1X - I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!! If that's the toughest thing about this - bring it on! Congrats you big loser! David
DEB W.
on 7/26/04 1:13 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey DAvid, Same here, Not even sure how many lawn bags I have given to friends. At last I have gone shopping. Sales only of course. I have dropped 5 sizes in tops and bottoms...I am glad I can help others. I am impressed you cleaned out your stuff. My guy just threw out stuff after 8 years!!! he only shops the sales too ha ha deb
Rachelq
on 7/19/04 8:36 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
There is so much more to choose from in smaller clothes. I just started shopping (don't tell my hubby) at old navy again! I am keeping one pair of pants as my "before" pants. For those days that I can't accept that I'm losing weight. Fun stuff! Rachel
Robin D.
on 7/20/04 12:44 am - Trempealeau, WI
Glad to hear everyone is having as much fun as I did. Keep up the great work everyone. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views