What kind of protein bar are you using.

Ira T.
on 7/16/04 12:14 am - IL
Hi all. I need some recommendations on protein bars. Yesterday, I tried my first one. I was choosing very carefully, but.... The bar (do not remember the name) had 22 gr of protein , 2 gr of "net" carbs. It went down fine, but after that I spent in the restroom most of the night. Probably, it's my reaction on sugar-alcogol. When I read the label again I found out that this bar contained 28 gr of that. Maybe it's too much? When I was choosing the bars, I saw many regular protein bars , but they all were very high in regular sugar. That's why I took this bar for "carb watchers". Do you know something good that doesn't have a lot of carbs (any kind of them).? Thanks for advise.
sloane
on 7/16/04 12:33 am - New Albany, OH
Ira, 28 grams of sugar alcohol could have easily made you end up in the restroom. I don't eat many protein bars b/c I have trouble getting them down but I can get GeniSoy Low Carb Crunch. They come in several flavors (choc. chip, pnbutter, raspberry). They're nutritional info is 160 calories, 6g fat, 18g carbs, 0 sugars, 15g protein. There is malitol in them but they don't give me a problem. I only eat 1/2 a bar usually. You may want to look at drinks to get your protein in. I drink Isopure and it works much better than bars. Good luck. Tandi 246/197
Pegtrala
on 7/16/04 12:19 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. I just found Premier Protein bar. It has 31g of protein! That's half a day's allotment! I was thrilled! I can only eat 1/2 a bar at a sitting, but I am so excited to find a way to help get in my protein. It contains 19g of Total Carbohydrates, 8g of which are sugar alcohols, primarily from glycerol. It also contains 8g sugars, 8g of fat, and 280 calories. The best part is it tastes good and agrees with me. Peggy
DEB W.
on 7/26/04 4:56 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey Peggy, I am having a premier one too!!! Right now, can only eat 1/2 at a time also, but is is wonderful...Mine is called Odyssey..Caramel Nut Deb
Josie C.
on 7/16/04 12:57 pm - High Desert, CA
Yup, those sugar alcohols (sorbitol) get me every time. I just bought a box of CarbWise Bars...not bad: 240 Cal, 10g Fat, 23g Carbs (only 3 Net carbs) [1g of sugar] and 21g protein. Normally I eat Atkins Protein Bars: 240 cal, 12g Fat, 21g Carbs (only 2 net carbs) [1g sugar] and 19g of protein. I also have odyssey bars and I love them 30g protein and 7g sugar, but have 20g of sugar alcohols...I only have half a bar at a time and never ever first thing in the morning...or I will never leave my house. -50
Rae Smiles
on 7/16/04 10:46 pm - Mount Airy, MD
The only protein bar that does not give me problems is the ADVANTAGE bar....the chocholate crunch one and the mocho one is excellent...the peanut butter one is GROSS!! It goes down nice and no sugar...and I don't have any reactions to the bar like some of the others....on a few, I feel like I have been run over by a car and kicked in the chest by a horse.....very bad!! LOL good luck RAE
Dawn C.
on 7/18/04 10:50 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I like the Oneway (chocolate & Peanut butter) and U-turn bars (chocolate and caramel). Sam's carries the Oneway in a 12 pack at 59 cents a bar. They have 15 gr of protien and the lowest fat and carbs that I have seen. The advantage bars are good too but the fat is really high. Dawn
Jillybean
on 7/19/04 10:20 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I love the slimfast bars: 200 calories 8g fat 17g total carbs 2g net carbs less than 1g sugars 13 sugar alcohol 16g protein They come in many flavors and I think they taste good!
David@Goal
on 7/19/04 12:33 pm - VA
Ira - I order one from Susan Maria at www.bariatriceating.com, it's called Power Crunch. It has 13 G of protein and is awesome. It comes in four flavors - they are similar to a Little Debbie's wafer/peanut butter bar. If you wanna try it first, you can go to the same site and underprotein bars you can order a sample bar or two so you can try them b4 you buy by the case (cheaper). While you are there - order some NECTAR protein powder - its the best and i've tried everything! Mix it up with some crystal light instead of water - yummy way to start the day - I do this every morning. David down 100 pounds since 4/5
MishaSasha
on 7/24/04 1:13 pm - Monterey County, CA
Detour bar - tastes like a snickers. amanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out