Surgery 04/22/04; Hello All April Pre-Ops

marmijo
on 7/15/04 3:53 am - NM
Well its July 15, 2003 I now weigh 211# Last Year in July I weighed 287#. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital cause they thought I was having a heart attack. Now I am doing fine and I saw my Cardiologist for a 1 year checkup and he is weaning me off my heart medications. I have lost 76# since last year and 50# since surgery April 22, 2004. I feel great and can walk and move with no problems. My breathing is better and I don't get so tired. I would do this all over in a heartbeat. Thank you Dr. Swain and staff at Mayo Clinic.
ELIZABETH C.
on 7/15/04 4:34 am - East farmingdale, NY
Lap Band on 04/23/04 with
Way to go! That is amazing! I had surgery 4/23/04. i had the lap-band done- so the weight loss is a little slower than you -naa a lot slower but none the less I too am very happy. At the time of surgery I weighed in at 257 now at 224. Plus like you, I have a lot more energy, walking almost 3 mile a day. Yeah, sometimes the road has not been easy but so far I never regretted that I did this for myself. Ciao Liz Interesting thing is how people react. Especially the ones that new I had this done. Some good and some not at all. hmmmm
Pegtrala
on 7/15/04 12:06 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Martina and Liz. I had the RNY done 4/27/04. I also had some serious health problems. They found stomach cancer, so I had 9/10 of my stomach removed along with my gallbladder. I started at 274 and am now down to 228. 46 lbs. My energy is returning, and I am also walking. I will see my stomach doctor in August, and I'm sure she will keep close tabs on things. It sure is nice to be able to walk again. I'm not at 3 miles a day yet, but I can comfortably walk 1-2 miles. Isn't life grand??!! Someone said to me today that the weight must just be rolling off of me without much effort. She didn't have a clue what we go through in a day, did she. Take care. Peggy
ELIZABETH C.
on 7/16/04 2:32 am - East farmingdale, NY
Lap Band on 04/23/04 with
You know peggy, I've heard that one before from my husband. " that the weight will just be rolling off of me without much effort" Now I think he has learned different - that this is a tool and without effort on our part there is no rolling off.
Pegtrala
on 7/16/04 1:03 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Elizabeth. I'm glad your husband gets it. My husband has been so supportive. He is so proud of my accomplishments, and it has brought us closer together. It's nice to be able to go for walks again with him. Let's keep on rolling off the weight! Peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views