Hospital again!

Dodie R.
on 7/13/04 11:10 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi All!!! Just a note to let you know, I ended up in the hospital again, this time for two weeks. It turns out I have pancreactic cancer. They removed most of my stomach and head of pancreas. In about two to three weeks we will start heavy duty radiation and chemo. I won't lie to you......I am terrified!!! I humbly ask for your prayers and healing thoughts. My children want me to go back to Arkansas for the treatments and right at this moment I am undecided what to do. My husband and I are the only ones here in Colorado Springs {"family wise"}. I never thought I would be here in this moment at 54 years of age. For any of you that might be having pain after 2 months of your surgery, please get it checked out. No pain is trivial!!! Thank you for letting me vent here on the board. God bless you all Dodie
irisheyes
on 7/13/04 12:35 pm - Harmony, MN
Oh Dodie, I'm so sorry to hear your news! Please know that you are in my prayers. Katie
Jackie K.
on 7/13/04 1:40 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 04/29/04 with
Dodie, I am so sorry to hear about your cancer. I am a 10 year cancer survivor, so I know you can get through this and come out even stronger. It will not be easy, but it seems it is a journey you are destined to take. Be sure you like your oncologist and his staff and feel confident in them to take care of you. Ask questions. Ask for what you need (pain, nausea,etc).... YOU are the important one here and you need to focus your attention on what you need and how to get through this the best way for you. They really do have alot of new drugs to help with the nausea, etc....so ask for what you need, you don't do anyone (much less you) any good by suffering. Best of Luck and Prayers to you. Jackie K.
Shelli_LessBelly
on 7/13/04 1:57 pm - Creve Coeur, MO
Dodie, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. And please keep us posted as you progress thru your treatments. God Bless you, girl! Shelli
Suzanne T.
on 7/13/04 2:17 pm - saint george, KS
My thoughts and prayers are with you . Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure your family will support you. I know you are terrified.... it's a scary scary thing you are facing. Please keep a positive attitude....it has a lot to do with everything. Again, my prays are with you. Suzanne Taylor
Kim T.
on 7/13/04 3:10 pm - Dracut, MA
aww Dodie.. please feel free to vent anytime.. we'll all be with you thru it all !!!! thoughts and prayers sent your way.. ~Kim
Rugman
on 7/13/04 9:27 pm - Lumberton, NC
Dodie, I am sorry about your sickness... My mother is going thru the treatments now for the same cancer... the secret is your positive attitude. Look to God and know that he can see you through. YOu are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you Dodie and vent here anytime you wish!!
Donna Paige
on 7/13/04 11:38 pm - Pottstown, PA
My prayers are with you Dodie! God will see you through this hard time in your life!
DianneW
on 7/14/04 12:03 am - Louisville, KY
Dodie, my prayers are with you! Dianne
Larakatya
on 7/14/04 1:26 am - Twin Cities, MN
My prayers and best wishes are with you Dodie. ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views