I passed out @ Circuit City..Pushing Platue too Far??????

ElvisGreaserGirl
on 7/11/04 9:56 am - Los Angeles, CA
If losing my bowels at Vons wasnt the most embarrasing thing that has happened since WLS. I have just topped myself. I actually collapsed / fainted / blacked out whatever you want to call it in the computer section at Circuit City. I was standing with my fiance and all of a sudden I collapsed. No warning. No feeling sick. Just a little light headed earlier in the morning...but boom.. I was on the floor.. my purse dropped, the item I was holding crashed, and I tumbled head first into floor... My boyfriend thought I was joking.. but saw I wasnt moving and then the attendant came rushing over.. and it took about 10 seconds for me to wake up..and when I did they were standing over me. Im not sure why I passed out. I have been taking 2 daily mutiples, 1 iron, 1 calcium, 1 fish oil, 2 omega 3's, drinking 60 plus ounces of water and eating 60-80 grams of protein. Do you think this is possible. Earlier in the morning I went to The Coffee Bean and asked for a iced coffe with sugar free syrup.. they didnt have sugar free syrup so gave me "sugar free powder". I asked 2 times and asked if it was sugar free and she said yes. BUT the powder could have been milk based and I DO NOT tolerate milk - it makes me dump. Do you think this could have made me pass out even though its was an hour earlier? I have been trying to break this 3 week plataue. I have been eating 100 grams of protein a day and 90 oz of water. No carbs. No fruit. Do you think that this could have caused the collapse? Seems unlikely. I am also expecting my period this week, and usually that is very draining on my body...Is it possible I am using all my nutrition to keep up and just passed out? Im confused. I called my doctor and he said it could be low blood pressure, or low blood sugar and I should eat a fruit. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Jamie BTW. I started at 215. Now weigh 158. Post op 04/06. I lost 57 pounds in 3 months....maybe too much too fast????
Rachelq
on 7/11/04 12:56 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow, I'm glad you are ok. That is scary stuff! With the amount you are losing...I wonder how well you are absorbing? Has your surgeon done any bloodwork on you? Also, I check my Blood pressure at savon a couple of times a week...perhaps you should start doing the same? I wish you luck and health...please keep us posted on progress. Hugs Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/04 1:17 pm - South of Boston, MA
Oh man! That must have been scary! I've felt tipsy like I *might* pass out- but it hasn't happened yet! I would suspect low blood pressure... but then again I don't know anything about it, but I do know it can make you drop....please get checked! Are you at all anemic, that can also effect you.... Keep in touch. -B -70 and stuck again...
DEB W.
on 7/11/04 11:20 pm - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey, I am not sure what that is, I know I too have been dizzy at times, but it never lasts too long. I would have hated to be alone with that happened. I am stuck too, been at 63 lbs now for almost 3 weeks. I am drinking my fluids too and having my protein. I didn't cut out carbs, but then again I have so few anyway. Hope you are doing better soon. Keep us posted. My surgery was 4/7 deb
Donna Paige
on 7/12/04 12:46 am - Pottstown, PA
So far I haven't had any problems like that since I had my Cardiac Catheterization before my surgery. It was caused by an inner ear infection and dehydration. I haven't experienced TRUE Dumping to that effect. It kinda sounds like low blood pressure. I've passed out twice in my lifetime from low blood pressure. Perhaps you should see your PCP to have your pressure checked. My blood pressure was high before surgery and now it is low. I am not sure why the surgery effects us so. Good luck on busting the plateau! Hope you feel better soon!
askaggs1
on 7/12/04 2:31 am - Cunningham, KY
Before surgery, I was borderline diabetic, and now after surgery, I have to drink lots of orange juice or eat lots of fruit to keep my sugar level up, and if it gets low I do feel very lightheaded or dizzy. If I were you I'd get some bloodwork done to find out if everything is OK.
aimeexx
on 7/12/04 7:55 am - Beaumont, CA
Hey Jamie! You look great! I haven't passed out or anything, but I have defnintely had serious lightheaded episodes. I had lap RNY on 4/12 and have lost 70 lbs (278 to 208) and last week I had a one week long plateau. Finally lost 2 lbs today. (OK- well I went to the river last weekend and drank, which my doctor said wine is OK). Let me know if you find out what happened, cause it sounds like you're doing everything right. Much healthier than I am! Good luck, Aimee ps my website...www.geocities.com/mrsacorcoran
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 7/12/04 9:35 am - Los Angeles, CA
Sweetie.. you lost 70 POUNDS and had surgery a week after me.. you are kicking my booty... keep updating your site.. Ill be checking on you. I feel terrific now.. and today.. dont know what happened.. Must of been low blood sugar........I did lose a pound today.. so who knows..
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views