Hi everyone!

candi M.
on 7/10/04 3:17 am - woodhaven, NY
I was reading the posts about hair loss and I decided to braid my hair right after the surgery to hopefully lessen the amount of hair loss.I bought GNC hair/nail/skin (lots of biotin) and I have made sure my hair was not exposed to too much sun,chlorine and sal****er.Seems to be helping!! Candi
Rachelq
on 7/10/04 4:07 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Candi, Keep us posted if it continues working for you. According to my support group, hairloss doesn't really kick in until 3-6months after surgery. I'm already noticing a lot more strands falling out and I lost a lot of hair after my 2 babies, so I'm totally expecting to lose hair now. At least it grows back! Take care, Rachel
jenn a
on 7/10/04 5:30 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi Candi, I had my surgery one day after you and am still "follicly intact", but not quite 3 mos post op yet. I look around the bathroom daily on "hairloss watch". I have been taking the biotin since one month preop, it can't hurt, and I also make sure I get plenty of essential fatty acids. Here's to hopin' for full heads of hair for all the April folks! ~Jenn~
Donna Paige
on 7/11/04 2:43 am - Pottstown, PA
Mine's falling out but I'm not sure if this is my NORMAL shedding. Every summer I shed like a dog. My hair is very long and thick, but it's definitely thinning down. I'm hoping it is like the normal. It usually thickens up in the winter.
bky962
on 7/11/04 6:48 am - Visalia, CA
I just bought some Biotin. I hope this works I really have ben llosing alot.
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 7/12/04 10:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
Candi... Im glad you can get away with braids.. I would look like a really rejected Barbie Doll... ...Im glad you found a solution.. Im still doing the pony tail thing...
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views