Trouble parting with old clothes?

Pegtrala
on 7/7/04 5:47 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi. I just found this wonderful site and immediately joined! My surgery was 4/27/04, but it was because I had stomach cancer. They removed 9/10 of my stomach and my gallbladder. I have only lost 40 lbs., but I was happy to part with my too-big clothes! My daughter-in-law came over about 3 weeks ago, and we made a day of it. We cleaned out the clothes and then went shopping! It was my reward for such a hard-won victory. I still have a long ways to go, but we went shopping again tonight. My advice: You feel a whole lot better in clothes that fit. You look better too, and that's important to your self-esteem. Good luck to all of us! Peggy
angelaladousier
on 7/8/04 1:46 pm - North Augusta, SC
I had no problems parting with my bigger old clothes, i have lost 40 lbs and for my clothes i cant wear them cause my pants cause rashes between my legs so i thought i would buy one pair of size 18 pants i figured i could wear them beings how my 20's wear so very loose on me, but when i got home i looked at them and they were 16's not 18's i said to my husband no way am i going to fit into these, but i will so i'll keep them he told me to try them on anyway so i did and guess what they actually fit without boring into my sides, i was shocked and went a bought a few more pairs, and as for my old clothes i have several black bags full of clothes that i am going to pass on to goodwill . Later
Jaime_C
on 7/9/04 6:10 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I have trouble parting with my old clothes. I was wearing 20s when I had my surgery, but most of my clothes were 18s, including 10 new suits. $$ So, I have been enjoying reaching into the closet and pulling out whatever and it fits. I've lost 47 lbs, and now fit into size 14, but haven't been able to pare down ... take the 18s out, etc. I really can't tell you why! Jaime
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/04 12:44 pm - East Meadow, NY
RNY on 04/05/04 with
No problems at all. I love wearing new (tighter clothes) and have everyone commenting on how trim I look. (I lost 60 lb - 4/5/04) and down from a size 28 to a size 16. I keep a box in the spare room where I throw EVERYTHING that looks too big...
Rondaslosinit
on 7/11/04 11:19 am - Richardson, TX
I have some really cute clothes and have trouble parting with them too. I also don't want to spend a ton of money to buy new ones that I'm still going to shrink out of. What I did was learn to sew. I had a friend come over and show me how to take up my old clothes. So far I've gone from a 26/28 to a 22/24 or a 3X to a 1X. I can get away with this for a while but only until they start looking funky. What a nice problem to have, huh?! Ronda SW 297; CW 245; GW 150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views