FINALLY.....A Holiday where I DIDN"T gain weight!

irisheyes
on 7/5/04 12:21 am - Harmony, MN
Hi Everybody< I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July, and the weather was nice for you. What did you do? We went to a parade in the the afternoon, I was a little bummed (but only for a few minutes) because they were throwing out some really good candy! I got over that quickly though. we also stopped by the rollerskating rink/bar. they had things for kids to do and Hubby and I had a beer and visited. kids were so tired out we went home and they took a little nap....and off to the fire works. My 2 yo kept growling at the fireworks. It was so nice and sunny we had a wonderful time, and best of all I felt GREAT! better than I have in YEARS....best of all I got on the scale today and lost a pound (which by the way puts me under the 200 mark). Hope every had as good a day as I did. Katie I did find out I don't do well with watermelon though.....bummer
Rachelq
on 7/5/04 2:59 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
The sweet sounds of success. it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Isn't it great to lose weight during special occasions. We had a bd party for my neice. anytime we are around family we eat and eat and eat. I didn't at the party and was so happy to not be a slave to food anymore. congrats on getting under 200...can't wait for my turn!
irisheyes
on 7/5/04 10:48 pm - Harmony, MN
Thanks Rachel, Sounds like you had a good time too. It really is nice to just go to things for the company...NOT the food! Have a great day, I'm off to work Katie
e W.
on 7/5/04 5:12 am - Birmingham, AL
Congratulations on your loss! (How often do you hear THAT?) I recently dropped below 200 also, and I feel like this part is just icing on the cake. I've dropped another 5 lbs, but I'm not as concerned anymore--I feel like I've already MADE IT! I also felt great this holiday weekend. After two years of living single in Nashville, I finally ventured downtown to participate in a city celebration. I walked all over Riverfront Park and people-watched for a couple hours in the evening. The fireworks over the river were great! And the food smelled wonderful--funnel cakes, lemonade, corndogs, and all that stuff, but I just took it in and passed it by. I felt so strong--and I walked away without spending the obligatory $20! Thanks for sharing your holiday experience! And good job resisting the urge for candy! Have a great short week! Erin in Nashville
irisheyes
on 7/5/04 10:57 pm - Harmony, MN
Erin Thanks.....congratulations on your loss sounds like something you'd say to a woman whose husband is a REAL pain in the a$$! you are doing SO good! I think you should take that $20 you saved on food and put it away for a new outfit! Is'nt so nice to be out in warm weather and not be soooo hot? I'm so happy for you -- doesn't it feel great to enjoy life again? Have a great day! Katie
C. W.
on 7/6/04 5:21 am - Carbondale, IL
Hey Katie, Congrats on being under 200 pounds,, I too this weekend made my first goal,,,TO BE UNDER 200 POUNDS...I am so damn happy.. Any way how is it going? Hope all is well, sounds like it is, my 4th was great~ Conita 250/198/145??
irisheyes
on 7/7/04 3:31 am - Harmony, MN
Hi Conita, Congrats to you too....it sounds as if we're at about the same spot! I weighted in at 199lbs....but hey i'll take it. I can't tell you the last time I weighted this much! things are going great...I have my best luck with chicken (one of my favorite foods anyway) I'm so dam happy, It feels like this is too good to be true....any minute i'll wake up....and will have gained 5lbs...ugh!! Did you have a beer on the 4th? I had some of my hubby's, but I was on-call for work....otherwise I may have had my own. well I better get back to laundry.. Katie
C. W.
on 7/8/04 1:37 am - Carbondale, IL
Hey Katie, No I didnt have a beer on the 4th, but I had a few Margaritas, I figured out how to make them with sugar free crystal lite (lemon aid)..They were so good. I wanted a beer but was not brave enough... talk to ya soon! Conita
irisheyes
on 7/9/04 11:28 am - Harmony, MN
I'll take one of those yummy Margaritas! send one my way! Hubby left for Canada fishing today...got a babysitter and it's a girls night out! Wanna go? Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views