two months out

wildrose021
on 6/30/04 2:04 pm - MN
im two months out and still feel completly physically drained. the past three days have been worse. i got an i.v. last night and still woke up feeling icky. i just wonder if its ever going to get better untell the point i feel like myself again. sorry im just complaining dont get me wrong im grateful for this oportunity but i just want to be able to do things again. what makes this surgery hard is the whole physical aspect of it all. how do all of you deal? i know i dont drink enough i try so hard and its becoming harder to eat because it is the same food every day. i try new foods but always get sick, if its thicker and chewy i feel full on one bite. how are all of you doing who got this done near the same time as me? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Rachelq
on 6/30/04 9:36 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Christina, I wish I had some advice for you. I just want you to know that I wish you well. For me things are getting better everyday and I wish the same for you! Hugs, Rachel
frea2bea
on 7/1/04 12:34 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Christina, I'm so sad for you that you're not feeling very good. Iam 2 months out (plus), and I feel like I have more energy than prior to surgery. I wonder, you mentioned you needed an IV, that suggests to me that you are not getting all your water in. That alone will leave you feeling icky. Some people even have mood disturbances when they get dehydrated; then THAT effects everything else in thier lives. 1. Get all of your water in - every day. 2. Get all your protien in - everyday. 3. Get out there and walk - everyday. I still vomit everyday, as I am trying new things, as I introduce my regular foods. My husband is concerned, but it seems to me to be expected, as the little irritable pouch just wants liquids. I went ahead and made an appt to see my nutritionist today. I'll let you know what she says. Christina, I sure hope you feel better soon. I agree with Rachel-everyday gets better... Keep us posted on how your feeling.
wildrose021
on 7/1/04 5:11 am - MN
thanks you guys for your support its nice knowing that people care. today im feeling a little better its so up and down. i'll just keep drinking and drinking and drink more. thanks again
Donna Paige
on 7/1/04 8:42 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Christina, I had my surgery on 4/12 and went through the exact same thing you are going through but I must say in the last 2 weeks or so I've been doing fantastic. All the ickyness pasted finally and I can even get down some meat now without throwing up. I actually had some steak the other day and kept it down. I was totally tired of the chicken salad and mushed up meat. It does get better, just hang in there!
Joye B.
on 7/4/04 2:31 pm - Bodfish, CA
Hi, I too am 2 months out and having the same problem you are... Dense food is very hard to keep down and anything with mayo is a NO!NO! Even the protein drinks I make are getting hard to get down...one or two bites of egg is all I can handle... I worry about not being able to keep foods down, or getting enough protein... My daughter in law had this surgery over a year ago and keeps telling me it is normal, and by 6 months things will really improve... I had to go back to work (stand all day) and even though I am trying to have shorter days ,I think it has helped me get a little stronger... but I am wiped out when I get home. My pouch loves salt, and sunflower seeds go down great and Cheetos also.. How are you doing on weight loss? I have lost 40 lbs, but am at one of those stopping off places and the scale has not moved in 2 weeks..WE WILL get to the other side,soon I hope !! Joye
Pegtrala
on 7/7/04 6:15 pm - Beaverton, OR
Hi Christina. So sorry you aren't feeling better. I hope you will make some good progress one of these days. I had my surgery 4/27. I started back to work part-time 3 weeks ago, and am up to 5 hrs a day. I must admit that I come home and take a nap! I am going to try to drink more water too. I am so glad to be getting all these pointers from everyone. I wish I could find someone to talk to who has had this surgery because of other factors. Mine was stomach cancer. The weight loss because of the surgery is just a bonus for me. Good luck and take care, Christina. Peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views