what are you eating at 9 wks post op

wildrose021
on 6/23/04 5:19 am - MN
just wondering what everyone is eating because im having problems with everything i eat except refried beans. imagine eating them everyday.
Donna Paige
on 6/23/04 5:26 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Christina, I too have problems eating meat. I can't eat much of anything other than chicken salad. I do very well on luncheon meats though. I tend to eat alot of lean ham and cheese. Wendy's chili worked well for me also. I miss eating steak and pork chops. The last week has really improved for me though and my eating is getting better. I'm 10 weeks post op. I will just keep trying to get in as much protein as I can. I wish you luck on your eating.
Robin D.
on 6/23/04 6:36 am - Trempealeau, WI
Christina, my surgery date was 4/27/04. I have a protein drink for breakfast (sf carnation breafast drink with non-flavored whey protein and water...26 grams protein). For lunch I have a GNC SF smoothie (not available in all locations....21 grams protein, 9 net carbs, 170 calories) and for dinner I usually try what my husband has made (he's the cook) or eat soup or cooked cereal (with non-flavored whey protein added...another 20 grams protein). For a snack at night I have a glass of Carb Countdown Milk over ice (12 grams protein****asionally if I get hungry, I'll eat a few peanuts or a piece of string cheese. So far I'm down 40.75 pounds and dropped two clothes sizes.
DianneW
on 6/23/04 7:25 am - Louisville, KY
I have a protien drink for breakfast, 1/2 lean cuisine for lunch, cheese and crackers for snack, 1/2 lean cuisine for dinner, peeled peaches snack and protien drink before bed. (Sometimes this varies.) I can eat hamburger and chicken. No other meat, no lettuce, no skins, seeds, nuts, yet..... Dianne
Tracy V.
on 6/23/04 10:44 am - chicago, IL
RNY on 04/26/04 with
Hi christina my name is tracy. i know how you feel. I'm able to eat salads but the dressing must be completly fat free no lite or 75% reduced fat. chicken only breast no wing legs or thighs god i miss them. no steaks. i can't eat the refried beans. or soft shell tortilas or the corn. miss tacos. have you tried dannon lit and fit smoothie or the yougurt. and klondike has a good sugar free ice cream sandwhich. also try subway, no cheese not fat free but the turkey is ok.
Josie C.
on 6/23/04 2:16 pm - High Desert, CA
I am doing OK. I usually have a Carb Control yogurt with 1tsp of flaxseed for breakfast. For Lunch it may be refried beans or beef jerky. Every other day for an afternoon snack I have 1/2 an Odyssey Protein Bar. Dinner is usually a chicken thigh (cooked on my GF Grill) or piece of cod. And if my protein numbers are not high enough I just got the OK to add protein shakes back in. I am not having any problem with any meat so far...I've tried chicken, fish, shrimp, ground beef, and beef jerky. I can handle eggs, but I don't like them so I only eat them when I am desperate. Any thing I eat has to be chewed, chewed, and chewed some more...so much so my jaw gets tired, but my fear of getting something stuck is greater. So far I haven't dumped on anything, but beyond protein I haven't really tried anything else...occasionally some mashed potatoes or rice, but rarely. Maybe I have an ironclad stomach????
Rae Smiles
on 6/24/04 12:24 am - Mount Airy, MD
I must be very lucky!!! I can eat anything/everything in extreme moderation....except dairy and even that is getting better. Typically I drink only one protein drink per day - Nectar - Fuzzy Naval Flavor snacks includes string cheese, fruit(canned, no sugar), peanut butter filled pretzels, milk with SF instant carnation breakfast, etc. Also, I LOVE Soy chips. I have eaten beef, both steak and ground(lean), pork, chicken, lamb, shrimp, fish, etc. I can eat salads, but I go easy....I have NOT tried to eat an entire fruit like an apple....but I do try and have a banana (can't fini****but do try to eat as much as I can) every day or every other day. I have had NO sugar!! no soda, etc. Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend....mexican....ordered a chicken and cheese quesadia (sp?) ...I only ate a wee bit complete with guacomole and sour cream....had another bit for breakfast this morning.... Last night I made a ham slice on the grill, scalloped pototoes and string beans....had more ham than anything, next green beans and only a taste or so of the pototoes.... Initially I too was having problems with various foods....but I kept trying....also I have about given up on spagetti noodles....I can eat bow tie pasta, but not the long strands....I feel like I have been kicked in the chest by a very large horse.... RAE
Lori R.
on 6/24/04 3:42 am - New Alexandria, PA
I was doing good there for a while, but now I find I'm having some difficulty with almost everything, too. I don't know what went wrong, so I can relate. I figure I just keep trying every so often, it will get better. I know how it feels, I seem to be living on sugar free pudding and protien drinks. Lori
Katy J.
on 6/24/04 4:22 am - Goldsboro, NC
Hey Christina!!! I have a Carb Countdown Smoothy in the AM, some kind of Fish, Chicken or Pork for Lunch, Cooked Veggies, two tablespoons of Orientle Trail mix without dried fruit but lots of nuts, seeds, etc., for snack and I love a piece of fitness bread made with Oats, rye, pumpernickle, wheatgerm, and other grains I can't remember, with cream swiss cheese every blue moon. All chewed very, very well, it keeps me regular. Carbs are very important in ones diet, my diet consultant said, just make sure they are GOOD carbs, and not much of them. I also like SF popsicles. As of today I have lost 71 lbs. But I excersise and am very active as well. Remember, not everyone is the same and everyones's body has it's own speed in progressing. Good Luck with you. Katy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views