So, you think you are a slow loser?

debah
on 6/23/04 1:42 pm - Wildomar, CA
I am teetering right at 300 and it is driving me nuts. Of course the fact that my periods are wacky doesn't help any either. I am taking BCP, which I know isn't supposed to be as effective, but my GYN is reluctant to give me anything else, and my DH is going to get a vasectomy as soon as the insurance approves it (gotta love HMO's), so anyway I started 2 wks into the pack. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Starting to wonder if I'll ever see the 200's again
Jeanette R.
on 6/23/04 3:03 am - Northern, IL
I too am a slow loser, but I have two things to my disadvantage. 1. I was a "lightweight" going in (5'2" 264 the week before surgery) and 2. I have hypothroidism. I've lost 37 lbs. since the week before surgery (weight I compare was taken at the pulmonologist before surgery which was on 4/27/04. They have the most accurate scale), and am feeling pretty good. I now work out at least 5 days a week, have more stamina, am not tired all the time and my knee doesn't bother me as much as before surgery. Now if my ankle would get with the program.... I guess it will eventually, but for now it feels good to be under 230 for the first time since high school. I think my body is in the OMG phase. I haven't lost that much lately, but I'm pretty sure I'm losing inches. I didn't measure myself before surgery so did that last week. But, my clothes are getting looser. I too, try not to compare myself to other people. I knew going in that I was going to lose slower than others, but as long as I'm still losing weight or inches, I don't care (well...not too much anyway ).
Kare B.
on 6/23/04 11:44 am - Baltimore, MD
My surgery was April 9th and I only lost 32lbs. I'm hoping that it will be a steady weight loss. Then I will be happy!
Tina MR
on 6/24/04 3:38 am - Ruidoso Downs, NM
Hey Kare....I too had surgery on April 9th. My scale finally moved this morning...I'm at -47. I'm 5'5" and started at 272. So now I'm halfway through the 220's and then I'll waive goodbye to them....and hellow to the "teens" Wow. That's hard to believe. I can't wait. I think my loss is a little slow but I'm not having any trouble dealing with it. As long as it continues to drop every week or two I'll be happy. I feel really good and I had some labs done this week and all looks really great! Look at your glass as half full instead of half empty! Good Luck and see you below the 200's!!!
Kelly W.
on 6/23/04 12:57 pm - Lafayette, LA
I think I win the prize for being the ultimate slow loser. I started at 320 lbs, had Lap RNY on 4/1/04 and only down 41 lbs.
bky962
on 6/24/04 12:50 pm - Visalia, CA
I don't know about that Kelly. I had surgery on the 5th of April and lost 40lbs. I was on a plateau for weeks. I up'd my protein drink and lowered my carbs. It really helped but I'm still losing slowly. I get depressed cause I thought it would melt off . i know I wouldn't have been able to lose this weight by myself, but I still had this impression in my head. Do you know what I mean?
Kelly W.
on 6/24/04 1:11 pm - Lafayette, LA
I know better than ANYONE exactly how you feel. Especially for me, I started at 320 lbs.. I thought oh man, I am going to lose a TON and FAST! Now, dont get me wrong.. I am happy about my 44 lbs (lost 3 lbs as of weigh in this morning), but I can't help that it gets to me. I try not to compare myself to others, but its sooooooo hard!!!!!! Kelly
Jillybean
on 6/27/04 7:34 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
For all of you: I'm not necessarily a slow loser. I think I'm about average. But I, too, was getting discouraged because I hit a month long plateu where I wasn't losing anything. But my mother gave me some advice that I'm passing along (and please do this-- I did, and walked away with a new outlook): Go into a grocery store and head for the meat department. Find the chop meat, and separate 30lbs, 40lbs (whatever it is you've lost). Look at all that meat and be proud of yourself that you're no longer carrying that around! Remember, none of us gained this weight overnight. If it takes a year or 2 years to come off, thats still a lot quicker than most of us put it on. Hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views