So, you think you are a slow loser?

M G.
on 6/21/04 1:21 pm - Birmingham, AL
Let's UNITE! I try really hard not to get depressed and compare myself to others, but let's face it, we do compare ourselves to others and their weight loss. I had surgery on April 19th, 2004 with a starting weight of 418. I weighed today and I am down exactly 50 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that I have lost 50 pounds and I do feel so much better already, but I admit that when I see that someone who is much smaller than me has lost more... well, I get a little sad or discouraged. So, let's unite, slow losers! Let's support each other!!!!!
Shelli_LessBelly
on 6/21/04 2:59 pm - Creve Coeur, MO
I had a starting weight of 430 (heavier than you) and my surgery date was 4/14 and I'm down 57 lbs! I move around better, I look better and I FEEL better! I refuse to compare myself to everyone else on the board. I guage my success by the way I FEEL. Hell, I still have 200 lbs to lose......and it will come off at my own pace. You gotta stop letting other posts bring ya down! Us heavy-weights gotta stick together. Before long, we'll be celebrating our induction to the century club! Keep yer chin up! Shelli
Donna Paige
on 6/21/04 10:34 pm - Pottstown, PA
Well I've definitely got to be the slowest loser on this board. I had surgery on 4/12 and have only lost 40lbs since. I had lost 20lbs before the surgery.
tonishappy
on 6/22/04 10:17 am - Greensboro, NC
I am one of the slow losers - I had my surgery on April 20th and have lost 37 pounds - I am very happy with my life and weight loss - I am going to focus on the fact that it is coming off. My slow times have been during my cycles, i used to gain during that time so I am just happy that the scale doesn't move. I too am kinda glad I am losing slower for my skin's sake. Toni Bowen 285/248/145 -23 20 May 2004 -37 20 June 2004
debah
on 6/22/04 1:45 pm - Wildomar, CA
OK--I had surgery 4/5, started at 340 and today, finally the scale said 300.5!! That's 39.5lbs in 11 weeks. aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love that I am losing, just it went so good the first month-28 lbs, then--11 lbs in 7 weeks? I hope it picks up soon. I am charting everything at www.fitday.com so I can see if maybe I can change something. I eat between 700-1000 cals a day. Usually more on the low side, but I am home on vacation finishing up finals for school so food is more accessible. And yes, I find it is really slow during my period. Which is confused now also, have one every 3 weeks . My goal is 250 by October, my birthday, so wish me luck! Deborah
Patti T.
on 6/22/04 4:59 pm - Portola, CA
I had my surgery on April 14th. I lost 22 lbs the first month and have only lost 14 more pounds through today. It does seem very slow during my period also. I hope you meet your goal by October. I was hoping for the same thing, only to be done by my birthday, which is also in October. I have 70 more pounds to go so don't think I'll make it by then. Are you finding it hard to get enough protein? Well good luck!!!
debah
on 6/22/04 5:07 pm - Wildomar, CA
My birthday is on the 10th, when is yours? I thought I was having a hard time with protein, plus was getting bored, so I bought lots of different powders and bars from BariatricEating.com--I've probably spent over $300, but they are all so good that I know I will use them. I'm waiting for some of the Nectar right now -- Caribean Cooler, Fuzzy Navel, and there is a third, can't remember it. Now I am hitting 60 and 70 easy, and hopefully with the fitday.com site I can track my eating better. I know I need to increase my activity also. As soon as I finish my finals Deborah
Patti T.
on 6/24/04 1:49 pm - Portola, CA
My birthday is the 17th. Thanks for the two sites mentioned. GOOD LUCK!!!
debah
on 6/24/04 2:06 pm - Wildomar, CA
I got my nectar today-tried the Crystal Sky-Yummm!!! looks like blue koolaid and tasted kinda like cherry punch. I can't wait to try the other two. I mixed it in a large 30 oz container, just stirred it in to the water, no clumps, added lots of ice and sipped on it all afternoon. I finally broke 300-was 299.5 this morning Take care, Deborah
Kelly W.
on 6/23/04 12:58 pm - Lafayette, LA
Wow Deborah..... we are close in stats!!!!! My surgery date was 4/1/04, I started at 320 lbs and as of last week I am down 41 lbs. It is nice to see that I am not alone
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views