April Fools - Check in with your status please!

Larakatya
on 6/21/04 1:36 am - Twin Cities, MN
Good morning April 1st Folks! Take a sec and tell us how you're doing. We're the elderly on this board =) 1. Weight loss = Good! Preop=45 Postop=63 Grand total of 108 lbs gone forever 2. Energy level = Good! 3. Emotional levels = Good! Bye bye Perma-PMS. 4. Other = OUCH! I threw my back out on wednesday, and it HURTS! Haven't been around because sitting is a CHORE. Missed out on going to the Prince Concert, and my friends Choir Concert because I was laying at home in a back neutral position. Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 -108 - Goal of 32 more to go
acanesfan296
on 6/21/04 1:49 am - Boca Raton, FL
Here's my 2 cents. 1. Weight loss = Good! Preop=11 Postop=49 Grand total of 60 lbs gone forever 2. Energy level = Excellent; am walking up 48 steps to my third floor office at least 3 times a week -- preop I couldn't walk up flights of steps at all without serious breathing problems. 3. Emotional levels = Excellent 4. Other = I'm just SO DAMN HAPPY I had this surgery! I'm so impressed with your 108 pounds -- how did you do it in such a short time???
Larakatya
on 6/22/04 2:46 am - Twin Cities, MN
Thanks for your encouragement! I am So glad to hear that you are doing so well too!!!!!!! (Doesn't it feel great taking stairs, and finding you don't pray for death upon reaching the top step?) Short time = LOL! Its never quite short enough is it? It is 108 since last June, so I'm working on a full year of losing at this point, even if surgery was only 80 some days ago. I attribute my success to being very proactive about surgery and practicing for the post-op lifestyle for so long before actual surgery. Also, when my back isn't out, I really threw myself into exercise - regular daily walks and long bikerides on a regular basis. I take my vitamins, and my meds, and hang out with my support group weekly. I try to not let foods become obsessions, or weighing myself become an obession. I have a wonderful girlfriend who is my rock. Her love and support give me so very much. Above all other factors, LUCK. I think my loss has a lot to do with just luck of the draw. I am a rather quick loser and am very grateful for that blessing. You're doing great! Keep up the FANTASTIC work! ~Lara
Linda W.
on 6/21/04 2:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
Pre-op weight loss - 32 lbs Immediate post-op weight loss - 16.8 lbs 4 wks post-op - 21.5 lbs more for a total of 38.3 post op and 70.3 overall. Week 5 - plateau plus weight gain of 1.1 lb Week 6 - plateau plus weight gain Week 7 - plateau plus weight gain Week 8 - plateau plus weight gain Week 9 - plateau plus weight gain up to 10 lbs Week 10 - plateau!!!!! How's those for stats?
acanesfan296
on 6/21/04 9:32 am - Boca Raton, FL
Scary. Have you checked with your surgeon? Are you eating lots of protein and little carbs? Are you exercising, walking, anything? This just doesn't seem right. Are you drinking enough water? I'm concerned for you.
Larakatya
on 6/22/04 2:50 am - Twin Cities, MN
I'd definately be calling my surgeon if I were you. I will keep you in my thoughts, I hope they figure out what is going on, it's not fair to plateau that long this early. Best wishes to you!!!! ~Lara
Kelly W.
on 6/24/04 1:14 pm - Lafayette, LA
1. Weight loss = Slow, but sure.. have consistenly lost every week. Preop=Nothing Postop= 44 Grand total of 44 lbs gone forever 2. Energy level = Good! 3. Emotional levels = So So.. I get upset that I am a "slow loser" but overall feel alot better with 44 lbs gone. 4. Other = I cannot keep chicken or turkey down.. no matter how much I chew chew chew, it gets stuck and comes back up! Kelly
Jaime_C
on 6/25/04 8:36 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Kelly, You and I are like sisters! My weight loss - slow but sure. Preop I was not allowed to lose or would lose my approval. Post-op 46 lbs. Energy level good, considering I have a broken back. Emotional levels good, sometimes bummed about slow loser, but not too bad; however PMS and periods MUCH worse due to simultaneous tubal. Other: PRINCESS POUCH HATES POULTRY!! I finally kept some down last night - thighs instead of white meat, but it wasn't easy! Generally avoid it. LOL Jaime
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views