How would you feel if. . .

Larakatya
on 6/14/04 7:59 am - Twin Cities, MN
Your dearest one, your beloved husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, best friend - whoever is the one person you consider your refuge - had this to say about your goal weight: Don't you think you could stand to lose a lot more than that? So much for a good day. I am so hurt right now, and just really disappointed in her. I don't think she intended it to sound the way it was. . .but I don't really care what her intentions were. It was shaming, demeaning, and made me feel like "Why should I bother with you?" I didn't do this surgery for her, or for vanity. I did this surgery to save my life. And I know without anyone looking, hell, I know in the dark of night that this surgery was the best thing I have ever done, even if I don't lose even 1 more pound after today. Bottom line, this isn't her journey, and I frankly don't care what she thinks about how much I should lose. I'll go ahead and keep on listening to Dr Dan Carey, and his expert opinion rather than taking time to shame myself with replaying her commentary in my head. She owes me an apology, a real one from her heart. And if she can't find it then she can kiss my shiney rosy butt. PS - the punchline of this is she actually loves me exactly as I was, and still does, no matter what the weight. Deep in my heart I don't think that this is a case of sabotage. I think she just needs to insert some processing of thoughts before she runs off at the mouth. Some topics should be treated with the respect they deserve. And if she has questions about my medical health, then they should be adressed with the proper courtesy, not flippant commentary. ~Lara
DianneW
on 6/15/04 4:14 am - Louisville, KY
I'm sorry. People can be cruel without even realizing it. Hang in there. Dianne
Jennifer K.
on 6/15/04 1:01 pm - Skiatook, OK
Lara, Just remember that jealousy is a very strong emotion. You are now becoming the center of attention so sometimes people say hurtful things bc they don't know how to deal with jealousy. Remember at this point you need to pray for her that she can see the hurt she has caused you...and forgive her in your heart. If she loves you she will come around to see what an awesome decision you made for yourself....and the key word is YOURself. Best of luck Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views