A question for the ladies...

Middlesgirl
on 6/11/04 12:51 pm - Lansing, MI
Have any of you noticed any difference in your periods? Out of the last 4 weeks I have bled 20 days of it, and still going. My husband is starting to think I am avoiding him, , and I am not!! No one ever mentioned this as a potential after effect.
e W.
on 6/11/04 1:04 pm - Birmingham, AL
Thanks for bringing that up. I expected that mine would be back to normal since it had ceased for a little while at my highest weight--but yeah...I had a full period starting right after my surgery (two weeks early, but they said the surgery might do that), I went two weeks off, and then I got another full week. Then two weeks off, then another full week on. I'm hoping this stops. I think our bodies are just adjusting--has anyone had continued problems with this? Erin in Antioch, TN
Rachelq
on 6/11/04 1:13 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Definitely talk to your doctor. One of our friends from the Califonia board is having the same issue. They are trying a few different things to get it under control. but in the mean time, she is very low on iron. Make sure to get blood work done. Mine still hasn't come back. Good luck Rachel
Diana S.
on 6/11/04 1:46 pm - Lawton, OK
I started mine the day OF surgery! I am now about 7 weeks out and mine has been normal. My doctor said that because the surgery throws your body out of whack, it is normal for your period to go spastic. If you are really concerned, call your surgeon. He can tell you what to do. Diana
DianneW
on 6/11/04 11:21 pm - Louisville, KY
I had mine a few days after surgery very light (3 weeks early) and then again 4 weeks later also very light. I expected it to be worse since I'm taking a coumidin (blood thinner) now but they haven't been bad. I would talk to you dr. Dianne
bky962
on 6/12/04 1:53 am - Visalia, CA
I HAD MY PERIOD FOR 3 WEEKS STRAIGHT AND IT WAS VERY HEAVY. MY GYN SAID IT WAS MORMAL AFTER SURGERY FOR THIS TO HAPPEN IN SOME PEOPLE.
Dedicated
on 6/13/04 2:09 am - Eleva, WI
My doc told me that with the rapid weight loss in the area on top of our reproductive organs (lower stomach) causes our hormones to go a little nuts for a few months. This can also happen to men. This is why my doc recommends two forms of birth control for the first year. People who hadn't gotten their periods in years and thought they went through early menopause suddenly got pregnant!! Good news if you want a baby, but not so good too soon after surgery. Men's fertility can also increase substantially after surgery. I've heard of couples who were told they were infertile before wls having a child and everyone, including their docs, being totally surprised that it was even possible! So, long story short, crazy periods are pretty normal at first. Anything that seems abnormal for you, you should contact your gyn. Tina 5'2" 274/241 -32
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views