Completely Frustrated

Middlesgirl
on 6/9/04 11:41 am - Lansing, MI
I'm new to this forum, but what a sense of relief to find others who had their WLS around the same time I did. I started @ 346lbs, and am down to 297.5, but have suddenly stopped losing. Everything I eat makes me feel , and I have gotten to the point of not wanting to eat at all. I've been so depressed the past few days, I keep questioning why I ever had this done in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the weight I have lost, but I truly feel like an outcast!! So many people just have NO CLUE what I am going through, and,"Oh, try some of this...I know you can eat more than that." I really needed to vent, and am glad I found this forum. Best of luck to everyone...
Rugman
on 6/9/04 1:08 pm - Lumberton, NC
Hello... I had surgery April 27 and I can see where you are coming from. Sometime whatever I eat makes me sick.. just sits in my chest and I have to let it come back out. Let me give you the advice someone gave me.. our pouches heal differently. If you are having problems.. start back at pureed or even liquid. Go for a week or so and try again. Just keep pressing on. Quit counting pounds and start counting inches. God bless and best wishes!
acanesfan296
on 6/10/04 2:54 am - Boca Raton, FL
I know what you mean. I went to a going away party for someone last week and everyone kept saying the same things. You know what I found out -- if I took a little and put it on my plate, they got out of my face. No one really watched to see if I ate it! LOL.
irisheyes
on 6/11/04 2:21 am - Harmony, MN
Congratulations on your loss of 48.5 lbs!! that's VERY good for almost 2 months! as for stopping your weight loss, it's only temparay. Your body has to adjust to all this rapid weight loss. I'll bet you are still losing inches. I to have had times where i didn't lose for a week or 2 and then one day i wake up and have lost 3-4lbs over night. My pouch is pretty picky,but I would do this again in a heartbeat! I thought I would miss food more than i do, but I just tell people it looks very tasty....but no thank you. or just something like, "gosh i'm just not very hungry today, but i'll have a SMALL taste." don't feel you have to eat because everybody else is eating....."thanks but I just had some and I'm stuffed...it was very good" Be strong, hold your head up and be proud of a loss of almost 50lbs! Katie
Jillybean
on 6/15/04 5:14 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
You're not alone. I went through the same thing. Please talk to your doctor. It might be nothing, but it might be something. It was drilled in my head that I wouldn't be able to eat much and that when I did I might feel sick, so when I started feeling that way, I thought it was normal. It got to the point where I was walking around naucious all of the time, and I couldn't hold anything down. I was miserable, and completely regretted having this surgery-- I felt so awful, that even the weight loss wasn't enough for me to be happy about it. Finally, I spoke to my surgeon and he asked me how long I had been feeling that way. I told him it had been a couple of weeks and I felt it was getting harder instead of easier. He immediately ordered a scope and it turned out that the opening to my pouch was closing-- nothing was getting in-- it was just hanging out in my esophagus which is why I felt sick. I ended up having to have a procedure done to reopen the opening and a balloon was inflated in my pouch to stretch it. I had the procedure repeated a 2nd time, and finally, I feel semi "normal". I still can't eat alot, but I can eat. And I'm satisfied. I don't walk around feeling naucious. Its a whole new world, and now, I couldn't be happier that I had this surgery done. I'm not saying you have the same problem, but please tell your doctor how you are feeling. Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views