Anyone have their surgery on 4/23? Need your thoughts please.

Hannah's Mom S.
on 6/9/04 12:35 am - Roanoke, VA
Hi All, I had my Lap RNY on 4/23, started at 279 and am down to 232....total of 47lbs. I'm frustrated and need your input please. Just saw my surgeon yesterday, incisions are healed, new pouch swelling gone, etc. Problem is I can't stand to eat anymore...the looks, the smells - it's just too much trouble. I do fine with soft foods, saltine crackers, liquids...but when I try anything new - it comes right back up! Can't seem to keep tuna down, hamburger - even if I eat very small bites. Is it me? I don't know that my brain has gotten used to this new pouch. Is anyone else having trouble with food? Thanks for your input. Cathy
lauryn P.
on 6/9/04 1:44 am - or
ooh, ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me I had my surgery on the same day as you and YES food is icky. I average about 350 calories a day and I know that it's not enough but I DON'T LIKE FOOD!! Chicken hits my gag trigger, soup has been a good friend to me, and cottage cheese is a staple for me too. From what I have been learning, things get better with time, as our pouches heal.....I'M WAITING. Good luck to us!! (((HUGS)))~*Lauryn*~
Sheri H.
on 6/9/04 10:09 am - Springfield, MO
I had mine April 23rd too! I am able to eat if i CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW then when I'm dont chewing CHEW SOME MORE. I go back to the dr tomorrow. I should be able to start veggies & other foods - Right now I'm still eating mostly mushy - occasionally I have some solid food just over the last week and like I said the key is chewing! I hope you get to where you can eat soon!
pfrigy
on 6/10/04 2:48 pm - Stow, OH
Oh man you are singing my song! I am soooo frustrated right now too! I am getting to the point that food is just TOO much hassle. I have had a life long love affair with food, and it appears the relationship is off! I eat and it burns in there like no tomorrow, so I don't know what is going on. It is so "good" to see other people with the same problems!
Dedicated
on 6/13/04 1:52 am - Eleva, WI
I had mine the same day too. I had this problem, but it was a little earlier. Now I tend to just avoid food smells. If I can have someone else make it and just walk in quick and sit down and start eating I do better. Congrats on the weight loss! Tina 5'2" 274/241 -32
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views