How ya doing 2 months along?

C. W.
on 6/8/04 1:38 am - Carbondale, IL
Hello everyone, long time no hear! How is everyong doing? what ya eating? are you exercising at all, and how much weight have you lost. I hope that everyong is in good spirts and feeling and looking well. As for me: I am doing realy well. I have found that I can just about anything I try. I have not dumped or thrown up, except on swallowing pills, so i went back to chewable calcuim and will try it again once those run out. I started exercicing a few days before our 6 weeks, and I am doing step aerobics about 3 times a week. So far so good, but boy can i tell that I have not been working out for months... I have lost 40 pounds, and try to weigh myself every Sat., so that was my total for Sat. past. It seems as if i lose 2-3 pounds a week. I and feeling ok, however I am really tired in the mornings and have a hard ttime getting started, I never had that problem as a pre op. I am also starting to look good too, DH cant keep his hands off me, but its ok, he has always had his hand on me, but even more so now. He is my biggest fan, and never fails to tell me that im changing and that im doing well... I would love to hear from all of you, I hope that you still lurk on the board as I do EVERYDAY, this site is an addition to me. I learn alot here. So all my April 13th ner's and others GIVE A SHOUTOUT.....lets know how you are doing, and if there is something that any of us can help you with or if you just want to talk, or just let us praise you! hope to hear from you all real soon! Conita Waldon
Donna Paige
on 6/8/04 3:25 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Conita, I was done open on 4/12. I've lost 40lbs post op. 60lbs total. I can't say I'm doing so great on the whole eating thing. I've had my problems. They are getting better slowly. I gotta get my butt on an exercise program. Wish you continued success on your weight loss.
DianneW
on 6/8/04 3:53 am - Louisville, KY
I was 4/15. I've lost 53lbs (340 to start). I have trouble eating fruits and vegies (I thought a stawberry would kill me). Still no red meat or lettuce. I'm doing physical therapy do to a back problem so haven't started exercising except for that. I would like to start walking soon. I get tired after work and usually take a nap. Keep up the good work. Dianne
C. W.
on 6/8/04 6:29 am - Carbondale, IL
Congrats on you 60 pounds lose.. you are doing great! Conita
Katy J.
on 6/8/04 5:25 am - Goldsboro, NC
Hey Conita!!! Had my surgery on 4-27-04 and lost 48lbs so far. I walk a few times a day, weather permitting, and as long as the fibro (fibromyalgia) lets me. I have had some problems with my diet, but I'm doing well now. Still real carefull with it all. I'm scared to death to eat a no no food. . Keep up the good work, Katy
C. W.
on 6/8/04 6:31 am - Carbondale, IL
I too am carful with the "no no" foods. I would kill for a chicken salad. However I have not tried chicken breast or lettuce yet...Keep up the good work. ! Conita 250/210/145 ish
acanesfan296
on 6/8/04 5:47 am - Boca Raton, FL
I only dump on pills also, and it's a real problem. My doctor (Marema) has us on 6 huge calcium capsules per day, plus 3 large capsules of multiple vitamins, plus one small iron and 3 CoQ10, plus two huge potassium capsules. The dumping has gotten so bad that half the time I don't take the pills. Not good, I know. I was April 7. Have lost 41 pounds in 2 months. Am doing really well, at least as far as how I feel. I have trouble keeping food protein down for some reason, so most of my protein is coming from shakes. I am eating about 850 calories per day, 75 grams of protein or more, and goal is 30 grams of carbs or less per day. My husband has been a great help and support. He praises me constantly and is so proud of my decision to go through with this. It makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? Jamie S.
C. W.
on 6/8/04 6:36 am - Carbondale, IL
Wow thats lot of pills to have to swollow...As of tomorrow i wil have to take my multi vitamins by pill...not looking forward to it either. as for my calcuim i sill have alot of chewables and will continue those till gone.,,,wish me luck...you are doing really well with the protein,,,i only manage about 55-65 g a day, but trying to get better... maybe i need to through in a protien drink or something. It is really nice to have that support for someone, in our case the hubby!! I would have never gotten through all this without my hubby, when my mom turned her noise up about me doing this, my huuby made a point to let EVEVRYone know that this was what i wanted and her would support me all the way....my hats off to everyone's support system... take care! Conita 250/210/145?
Donna P.
on 6/8/04 12:45 pm - Carterville, IL
I was a tax day baby and I was down 40 lbs as of last Thursday. I haven't had any problem with beef, pork or chicken as long as it is cooked real tender and I can chew it up good. I take that back, I can't do hamburger, but roast beef does fine. I ate some bacon today for the first time. It was good! I am not a veggie or fruit eater...never have been, so I don't know how that would go down for me. Good luck to all! Everyone seems to be doing GREAT! Donna
pfrigy
on 6/8/04 1:24 pm - Stow, OH
I was a 4/27/04 lap RNY. I am still having a problem with food. Does anybody out there kind of hate to eat anymore? I never ever thought this would happen to me. I have to force myself to sit and eat. I think it is because I have had some bad episodes of vomiting if the food disagrees with my pouch. I have lots of nausea still. It seems I have good days where I can eat my 3 meals (very small), and other days I just don't want anything. I have lost 44 pounds so far, able to move better! I have started to exercise (swimming which I love), but am scared to put much in the pouch because of it's wrath . I am SICK of soup, but still eat it out of fear if I have to eat. Does anyone else have these good and bad days?
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views