feeling sick

Kim T.
on 6/5/04 11:52 am - Dracut, MA
i'm going to call my doc on monday, i just wanted others opinions. I get this everytime i eat or drink something, i take a bite/sip whatever, and then uncomfortableness (not really pain) in my stomach, almost like i can feel it hitting the bottom of my stomach, then a few minutes later i'm ok for the next bite, but it happens again. i'm not sure what it is.. and it's being going on for awhile, i thought it was just changing over to more regular foods.. but i'm beggining to think something is wrong. anyone else have this? any input is greatly appreciated ~Kim
Rachelq
on 6/6/04 1:35 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
This happens to me to. Especially the first bite for first drink. Sometimes I have to double over. My doc told me to take smaller bites and chew better. Still happens, but on the first bite only. Good luck kim! Rachel
Diana S.
on 6/6/04 3:12 am - Lawton, OK
I get this feeling when I take to big a bite or drink. What I did was take a measuring cup that measured ounces and find out how much I could swallow at once without my stomach feeling funny. I have figured out that one ounce every few minutes is all my stomach can handle. So I take small sips more frequently. I also make sure my food is chewed to puree. This helped also. I hope everything is okay with you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Diana
Donna Paige
on 6/6/04 5:39 am - Pottstown, PA
Unbelievably it's water that does this to me. I can pretty much gulp tea or crystal light bu****er is just painful if I swallow to fast. It's really weird.
Maureen C.
on 6/6/04 1:34 pm - MO
I know exactly what you mean. It is especially bad for me with water. I get a quick sick/pain faeeling that lasts for a few seconds with every sip. I spoke with the nurse practicioner at my surgeons office and she said it is a common complaint. It is better when I drink fluids at room temperature. Cold liquids and any drinks in the morning are worse.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views