1st post-op plane ride

nancyhrich
on 6/3/04 9:49 pm - Chicago, IL
On June 2, I took my first post-op plane ride. NO seatbelt extender! AND the tray table came all the way down!!!!!!! What a treat!!!! Surgery was 4/12, started at 353, was 297 on 6/1 ... Cannot express the satisfaction and thrill of not having to ask for an extender and not having to use the tray table next to me!!! Admittedly, with the arm rest down, I still "hung out" a little ... but HEY, my mother-in-law (who weighs 100 pounds) didn't mind!! Look out Cedar Springs! Soon I'll fit in the rollercoasters!!
Shelli_LessBelly
on 6/4/04 12:16 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Hi Nancy! How cool! I envy you! I am flying to Vegas next Wednesday and I know I'll still need a seat belt extender......I can't wait for the day when I won't need one! My 9 year old, 80 pound daughter is flying with me, so I plan on "hanging out" over into her seat......I already told her that she'll have to share her seat with me and she doesn't mind......she's totally excited about flying for her first time. Flying with no extender and being able to fit in a standard coach seat is one of my weight-loss goals. I can't wait for the day when I can post on this board that I fit......and had room to spare! Congrats to you on a job well done! Shelli 430/380/under 200!
DianneW
on 6/4/04 12:50 am - Louisville, KY
I totally relate. I am single and have traveled alone a lot and it is the worst feeling being stuck next to someone and "hanging" over the seat. The same is true at concerts etc. I can't wait till I can fit in any seat anywhere and never have to worry about it. Dianne
Jillybean
on 6/4/04 2:20 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Yeah! I'll be taking my 1st post-op plane ride in mid-July. I'll be 3 months post-op by then. I can't wait! My start weight was 280, I'm down to 233.......hoping by July to be under 220. And if I "hang out" a little bit, it shouldn't really matter to my daughter sitting next to me....who is a whopping 50lbs. and only takes up half a seat (she's 7). What an awesome feeling it must have been for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views