Its been awhile...........

Jillybean
on 6/2/04 2:04 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
1st I want to say hello to all my April 12th buddies! Sorry I haven't been on email--- email's been down for a few weeks now. How is everyone doing? About me: A couple of weeks ago I started getting really sick. I couldn't hold anything down. It seemed I was getting worse instead of better. Not only could I not handle any foods, but I could no longer handle even water. I called my doctor and he had me come in. He did a scope and it turned out that the opening of my pouch had started to close and the pouch itself wasn't stretching at all. So he reopened the opening and inflated a balloon in my pouch to stretch it. It has made a world of difference! I am finally eating yogurt and applesauce and even eggs! I have to go back next Monday to have the procedure repeated, but I can't believe how much better I'm feeling! My major issue now is the mental thing. I still crave foods. I'm going through some sort of grieving process for food. I'd give my right arm for some pizza or chinese food. But I'm hanging in there. I'm 7 weeks out now, and I've lost 45lbs! My BMI is finally low enough that I wouldn't qualify for the surgery. I'm so proud I hope everyone is feeling well! Jill
Donna Paige
on 6/2/04 3:32 am - Pottstown, PA
Congratulations on your weight loss Jill. I'm down 60lbs total (40 since the surgery). I pretty much feel the same way you do about the loss of food. Right now food is just gross to me. I was unable to keep anything down for 2 weeks but the last 6 days have been ok. I've actually not gotten sick. Hopefully everything is getting better. My throat however has this feeling that there is something stuck in it. Dry and scratchy. Just went to the PCP and he said it wasn't infected or anything. He thought it was from throwing up. Who knows, but anyway. I'm feeling great. It's nice hearing from another 4/12 person. Good luck on your continued success! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views