my stomach is sore

wildrose021
on 6/1/04 7:32 am - MN
im like five weeks out and the soreness in my stomach was going away so good now im sore like when i was in the hospital is anyone else still sore this far out? it hurts to cough and especially laugh.
Rugman
on 6/1/04 9:11 am - Lumberton, NC
Christina, I would suggest that you see your doctor. I had RNY Lap on April 27 and have not had any soreness in weeks. Hope all goes well ! God bless!
DianneW
on 6/2/04 12:26 am - Louisville, KY
My stomach is still a little sore, nothing like when I was in the hospital, but when I stretch or crunch it hurts and I'm 7 weeks out. My doc. said it's normal. At five weeks I was still taking pain meds. occasionally. Especially at the end of the day my stomach would be sore and I would find an ice pack helpful. Everyone heals differently. Dianne
Larakatya
on 6/2/04 12:36 am - Twin Cities, MN
For me, I have taken to wearing my binder again to sleep and some days at work. I believe it happens from the hanging skin. When I move around (and I am moving a LOT more than I was 92 lbs ago) too much, and am not wearing something that holds the skin close to my body, it stretches and then starts to ache. Feels like being kicked in the gut (just once, by a 3 year old). I put on the binder, and usually within a day or 2 it goes away. (And an ice pack under the binder feels just as good today as it did right out of surgery) I have no problems at my incision sites (they are all happy pink and starting to become more invisible), and I have no problems eating (when I am eating as I know I should). It doesn't hurt to call your nurse/surgeon just for a check in. Keep us posted, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400/308/Goal of 260
Donna Paige
on 6/2/04 3:35 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Christina, My stomach is still very sore from the clothes pushing on it all day. I did however have an open rny and still have a small hole in my incision opened at the top. I can't lay on my side yet much to my dismay as I love to sleep on my side. It has now been 7 weeks since surgery. I guess it just takes a while to heal. Protein helps with the healing.
Rachelq
on 6/2/04 6:08 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I had lap rny 5 weeks ago. I haven't felt any pain since i was in the hospital. And I'm not sore at all for about the last 2-1/2 weeks. I have a few friends that had open that say they are still sore...but no actual pain. I would run it past your doc just to be safe. Good Luck...keep us posted. Rachel
tonishappy
on 6/2/04 10:05 am - Greensboro, NC
My stomach is sore often up high, just below my breast bone. It is a sharp muscle type pain. Comes and goes two to three times a day. I am going to ask my Dr. on the 10th when I go for my follow up. I am 5 weeks out from an open DS. I have to keep reminding myself that I had major surgery 5 weeks ago.
irisheyes
on 6/2/04 11:47 am - Harmony, MN
Hi Christina, I get the same soreness you do, esoecially when I cough, or when I'm tired out. It's not as bad as in the hospital though. I ran in to my Dr. the other day and told her about it and she said it's probably scar tissue pulling. It will take time to heal. Hope you feel better Katie
Tamara B.
on 6/2/04 4:49 pm - southwest, MO
I had open on 4-26 too and I too have soreness specifically around my waistline to the right of my bellybutton area. I was going to go in then it lightened up then it got worse again...jsut keeps changing. SO I think it's really okay but I go in to see my doc in a week and will ask. I notice the waist of my shorts being tight when I sit and it makes it worse. Seems everythign on me is shrinking but my waist! I am still wearing the same size pants becasue of my waistline! bummer.
stactray
on 6/6/04 3:17 pm - Newville, PA
Hi Christina, I'm almost 8 weeks out and I'm still having pain. Its just recently been feeling better. It really hurt when I would sneeze...felt like someone was pulling my insides. I just kept taking my pain pills as I needed them and Tylenol. I've not taken any Tylenol in the past several days, so just hang in there...it will get better. Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views