Weight Standing Still

Eternity
on 5/31/04 11:49 pm - Bridgeport, CT
I'm 8 wks post op tomorrow. My weight has not moved in two weeks. I have gone from 325 to 284. I'm following my surgeons direction to the tee, I'm excercising. I wonder if anyone else who is about 2 months post op is going through the same thing? Please Help! Need advice.
Donna Paige
on 6/1/04 1:52 am - Pottstown, PA
I'm doing exactly the same. I weighted about 339lbs and got down to 282lbs and now the scales have stopped for 3 weeks. My Dr. said it was my first plateau and that I am going to have to step up the protein and movement. I haven't been able to stomach food much so I eat very little at this point. I'm ready to bash the scales. I keep having this nightmare that I will be the only person NOT to lose weight having this done. I hear it's normal though.
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 6/1/04 2:30 am - Los Angeles, CA
Im 8 weeks today. I started at 215 and have since lost 42 pounds. For the past month I have lost 6 pounds, but for the past three weeks.. NOTHING... Im doing everything I am supposed to do. I eat protein, no crabs, no sugar, and am very active. I think our bodies are just adjusting to the initial weight loss and we have hit our first plateau.. Itis driving me nuts. I cant seem to drop any weight. In fact I keep gaining and losing the same two pounds for the past 3 weeks. I am hoping that this will pass and we will start losing again... I know we cant complain since we have lost so much in just 2 months.. but it sure is frustrating...
livistarr
on 6/1/04 3:11 am - Warren, OH
I am 6 weeks out today and I had been fighting the "standstills" for about 2 weeks. I started out at 324 and was stuck at 294. Then I put that **bleeping** scale away for a week and I lost 4 pounds. I'm 290 now and I'm alright with that. My mom had this surgery a year ago and I couldn't ever understand why she never got on the scale...now I understand! Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off eventually. Human biology tells you that if you're only taking in 800 calories a day, you WILL lose weight! No advice from me, but plenty of encouragement 'cause I am right there with you! Best of luck... Olivia
DEB W.
on 6/1/04 5:54 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey to all!! I was stuck also for about 10 days, but today it finally happened, I went off the plateau. Stay off those scales girls!!! I feel wonderful and no machine is gona get me down. That is all there is to it!!! I did increase my protein and walk about 6 miles or more every couple of days. So keep up the good work. You will do it, one day we will not be the so newbies and be the oldies...Don't be discouraged Deb -50
Rugman
on 6/1/04 9:15 am - Lumberton, NC
Hi.. everybody is different and relate differently. I have found that I must eat three meals a day. Get my 60g's of Protein in and get my 64 oz of water in and walk 45 minutes a day... I have averaged 10 pounds a week since April 27. ( of course I started at 390 so I had plenty to lose). Keep up the good work..you will be rewarded..
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/04 10:01 am - South of Boston, MA
Yep. I'm also 8 weeks out- started out at 295, am now 251. I've only lost a pound in the last two weeks. ::sigh:: I'm eating hardly enough to not lose weight! Tell me, what do you eat in a day? Drink? Exercise? Beth
buffiejean
on 6/1/04 10:41 am - Opelika, AL
Oh boy can I relate! I was 8 weeks out yesterday and over the last 4 1/2 weeks I've dropped a total of 2 pounds. I've been so unimpressed. I know my body needs time to adjust to the rapid weight loss and I'm extremely happy for every pound I've dropped, but I'd sure love to get off this place where I seem to be stuck at. bj 4/5/04 -48.5
MonCheriAmour
on 6/1/04 10:47 am - Lansing, MI
Dear Eternity: I have been struggling with the same problem you have been struggling with. I have lost and gained the same 2-3 pounds for the last 3 weeks.... My starting weight 2 weeks before surgery was 319. On the day of surgery I weighed 310, I lost the first 24 pounds quickly, and for the month of May I lost 7.9 pounds....can you believe that...Ugh! As of today I finally went from 279 to 277... Whew!! I know I should be happy with this, but I have to work on my mental pathology on how to take it one day at a time and appreciate where I am at. Can anyone relate? Cheri'
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/04 11:14 am - South of Boston, MA
I can so relate! In fact, I just posted on the main message board: SOMEONE THROW NE A LINE!! I'm 8 weeks post-op, Lap RNY. I've lost 44 pounds total, but hardly anything since early MAY!! What on earth can I do to bust out of this "plateau?" Everyone keeps asking me how much I've lost, and my answer is always the same! How frustrating! It makes me sick to think I could be losing more following Weigh****chers right now!! Help me out here, before I lose my mind! What can we do to change this?? Beth -44
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views