April 28th Surgeries

SREvans26
on 5/31/04 4:53 pm - Baytown, TX
Just wanted to see how all of the April 28th people are doing, hard to believe that it has been 5 weeks already, time is flying by!!! I am proud to say that I have lost 33 lbs so far and I look forward to my next weigh in to see where I stand. I hope everyone is doing well!!!! Stacy Evans
dmchuss
on 6/1/04 2:29 am - North Miami, FL
Hi Staci, I had my surgery 4/28/04 and am down 30 pounds. It seems to have slowed though. I am still having stomach cramping/upset, especially with vitamins now that I am taking them. Can you tell me how you are doing with respect to that? No matter what I do, it continues. Donna
SREvans26
on 6/1/04 11:10 pm - Baytown, TX
Hi Donna, I still have an upset stomach occasionally, but I don't think mine is related to the vitamins. My doctor still has me on chewables until next week (6wk mark) and then the nutritionist told me to try CVS Pharmacy, they have a vitamin that will be small enough to take. Do you take large vitamins?? The nutritionist told me not to swallow anything bigger than an M & M, if you pills are bigger you may need to break them and take them that way. My weight loss has slowed also, but I hear that it is normal, besides just think back to before you had your surgery....How long would it have taken you to lose 30 lbs, me I probably could not have lost the weight!! I also believe that the stomach cramping that I have is caused when I introduce new food to my pouch, it usually doesn't agree with me the first couple of times, but it is getting better and I am able to tolerate more "real" food. Good luck and don't fret about the weight loss, it will pick up again soon!!! Stacy
donnasmiley75
on 6/3/04 12:06 am - glendale, AZ
hello Stacy, My I have lost 32lb in five weeks I feel great I started working out at L.A Fitness 2 days ago and I feel better I feel like I Have a lot more energy I can't wait to start loseing more. How are you doing on the eating and what kinds of thing do you eat?
SREvans26
on 6/3/04 12:16 am - Baytown, TX
Hi Donna M, I am having some trouble with eating, my biggest problem is that I don't chew my food as well as I should and then I get sick if I swallow something too big. I just started soft foods, which means I can have toast, crackers and eggs. I really don't have much of an appetite, so it is hard to eat. I am thinking about joining a gym, but I want to wait until my full 6 weeks is up, I have been using a stationary bike for about 30 mins a day and it helps!! I can't believe the difference with just losing 33 lbs, I have a lot more energy to do things and I like being outside again!!!
Buttonsmom
on 6/4/04 6:41 am - Brighton, MI
Stacy: Nice to "chat" with others who had surgery the same day. I have lost 42 pounds....and looking forward to weighing in on Tuesday. I like others *****plied have no appetite and find it hard to come up with things to eat. I had the exit of my pouch close up to the size of a pea (instead the golf ball) so have spent 2 weeks of being totally naseauted. I am finally thinking this was the right decision for me.... Tracey
SREvans26
on 6/4/04 8:27 am - Baytown, TX
Hi Tracey, I have been having nausea also, I am never hungry but I have been forcing myself to eat, maybe I am having the same problem with the pouch. I do know that if I forget to COMPLETELY chew up my food, it makes me sick instantly! I weighed in last night and I am now down 36lbs!!! Congratulations on your 42 pounds and I hope that Tuesday brings you joyous news!! I was definitely scared about the whole process after surgery and I complained a lot when I was on the liquid diets, but to see the scale read 281 instead of 317, makes it ALL worth it and I look forward to what the next days, weeks and months bring!!! It is the right decision, I just wish that everyone who suffers from obesity could have the same procedure and that it wouldn't cost so much. Best of luck, let me know how you do on Tuesday!!!! Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views