1st day back to work 6/1/04

Felicia F.
on 5/31/04 1:35 am - chicago, IL
My first day back to work is tomorrow I have a bit of a problem. I have been home for six weeks wearing nothing but sweats, I put my work suit out on the bed this morning for tomorrow and tried it on just for the sake of it. It literally fell down I'm excited and frustrated because I have to put a safety pin in my skirt so it will not be at my knees tomorrow. Any suggestions I don't want to shop for clothes yet. -43lbs
karaoke Nadine
on 5/31/04 2:59 am - Wherever I Take My Shoes Off!, CA
Hi Felicia How much weight have you lost?(oh nevermind I see it) Im down only 30lbs and all my clothes still fit me. I guess my clothes were really too tight to begin with huh? The one thing I did so that I wouldnt have to buy clothes is I got all kinds of hand-me-downs from sisters, and friends. I have so many clothes in all sizes and I just cant wait to get into the bags of smaller things. I am not going to have to buy anything for a while. Well I will have to buy bras and panties cuz I didnt want those hand-me-downs. So if you have friends or family just ask then to clean out their closets. Nadine
Rachelq
on 5/31/04 4:09 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Just want to wish you luck on your first day back to work. Are you in a support group? Mine is having a clothing exchange in the next couple of weeks. I think its the best way to stay clothed during the loosing stages. congrats on the weightloss! Rachel
Rae Smiles
on 5/31/04 6:30 am - Mount Airy, MD
I head back tomorrow too. I am having the same problem. Today at the grocery store, I picked up a package of safety pins....I think it will be part of my morning routine. I also must purchase bras and undies....I am on my last hook of my bra. Today I ran into Kohl's for some inexpensive shirts/summer sweaters....I am now in 1x and I was in 3x....pretty good for only 6 weeks out. I think I am going to try and weam different tops and re-wear my pants and skirts through out the wee****il there is no way I can continue wearing what I have now. The next time I buy a skirt/pants I want it to be smaller than a 1x....I also think I will be checking out some upscale resale shops. congrats on your successful weightloss. RAE
livistarr
on 6/1/04 2:47 am - Warren, OH
I feel your pain about going back to work...my surgery was 4/20 and I go back on 6/2. However, I am very lucky when it comes to work clothes. I am a RN in the Emergency Room at a very busy trauma center and we get our scrubs supplied to us. I am just waiting for the day when I can go from a blue waist tie (3X) to a brown (L)! That's the extent of my preparing for work! Have fun at work...
Donna Paige
on 6/1/04 4:27 am - Pottstown, PA
Felicia, I went to Kmart and bought me some of those knit pants in size 2x and they fit nice. I figure I can wear them right on to a size 1x or so. Knit is a nice forgiving fabric. I had surgery on 4/12/04 open RNY and went back to work on 5/3/04. The pants have gone with me through 58lbs so far and are just a little baggy now but that's ok. I told them I was going to look like a bag lady for a little while. The shirts are doing the same.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views