VISTA VITAMINS??

JEANNIE D.
on 5/29/04 4:40 pm - BENICIA, CA
HAS ANYONE TAKEN THE GASTRIC BYPASS PATIENT VISTA VITES? I WAS WONDERING IF THEY WERE WORTH TRYING. HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE AND DOES IT COVER EVERYTHING EVEN CAL.? JEANNIE
Rugman
on 5/29/04 9:44 pm - Lumberton, NC
Hi Jeannie, just wanted to say hi and tell you that my vitamin intake is very simple... I take a Flinstone Complete chewable vitamin in the am and pm along with two sugar free Tums chewable. I have gotten along very well using this "doctor prescribed" method. God bless !
Rachelq
on 5/30/04 2:43 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
My doc also ok'd childeren's chewables and tums...but...I have heard that this is not enough especially because we abosrb differently now. I went ahead and bought my vitamins from bariatric advantage becasue they are 'formulated' for wls patients. The calcium is citrate vs. carbonate in tums (there's a big controversary about one being better than the other). Anyway, who know's what is right...one is a lot more expensive than the other, but I figured I'd give myself a leg up and at least try to shoot for the "best" early on. Cost wise, I'll probably end up on the childrens and tums eventually. I'm not sure about vista vites...but bariatriceating.com should have the contents available on line. Clear as mud...huh? Rachel
JEANNIE D.
on 5/30/04 11:15 am - BENICIA, CA
THANKS FOR THE REPLY I AM TRYING TO FIND THE LEAST AMOUNT OF VITES I HAVE TO SWALLOW I WILL TRY BARIATRIC ADVANTAGE... THANKS!
Rachelq
on 5/30/04 12:18 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Everything I bought is chewable for disolves in your mouth. I like the taste of everything. Good luck Rachel
Angela B.
on 5/30/04 6:40 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
I use the Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate as well (3x a day but not with iron). I like all 3 flavors. I also take 2 flintstones. My dr. just started me on Trinsicon (prescription iron). My levels were not too bad but he said that women who are still having periods will get lower and lower over time because iron is not absorbed as well after this surgery. I have also added several other vitamins, etc. since I realized I would be taking pills 5 times a day. I have a schedule that I stick to and I can honestly say that I have never felt better. My nails, hair & skin look great! Good luck! Angela
FrancieP
on 5/31/04 2:50 am - West Des Moines, IA
Jeannie...A couple weeks ago, I started on the Vista Vitamins (chewable). You chew 5 a day -- they're citrus flavored, kind of like Tums. I usually have 2 at breakfast, 1-2 at lunch, and the rest at dinner. I haven't had any problem tolerating them, but will probably wait until I'm 2.5 months out before I start taking the capsules. I ordered them from bariatriceating.com I'm still taking 1-2 Viactiv a day, but am researching other forms of calcium. My doc says Tums/Viactiv are OK, but I'm not sure I want to stay on those long-term. Personally, I think it makes sense to be on something that's specially formulated for bariatric patients in terms of nutrition needed, and in a form that's more easily digested and absorbed. Francie P Lap RNY 4/27/04 -24.5 lbs
Donna Paige
on 6/1/04 1:47 am - Pottstown, PA
I have to take calcium citrate. Dr. and nutritionist say theres not acid to activate the carbonate. That I could chew ten of the carbonate and it would not be enough.
Shannon C.
on 6/2/04 6:58 am - Lindale, TX
If you contact the Vista Vitamins website they will ship you a sample order to try. It will come with the literature explaining the pros of the product etc. I CAN'T STAND any kind of chewables since my surgery. I tried the capsules and they worked out fine for me. They do have calcium and it is in chelated form, which is designed to be absorbed by our intestines post surgery. I got on the auto ship plan to save a little bit of $$$$. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views