Any April 12th-ers out there?

aimeexx
on 5/28/04 3:03 am - Beaumont, CA
How much have you lost? What are you eating now? I am down from 278.5 to 236. I am allowed to eat whatever I want except red meat and salad. I love grilled chicken! Luckily I haven't had any problems with particular foods. Aimee
Donna Paige
on 5/28/04 3:07 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Amy, I had surgery the same day. I was 339 and I now weight 283lbs. I wi**** were more but... what the heck. The past almost 2 weeks now I've not lost a thing. Course I barely am eating at this point. I can't eat everything I want yet but.. in two weeks I can. Just wish my body would cooperate. I'm having a hard time keeping food down. Best of luck on the weightloss. Donna Dail Lebedynsky
DianneW
on 5/28/04 3:43 am - Louisville, KY
Did they say when you can have red meat and salad? Dianne
nancyhrich
on 5/28/04 2:16 pm - Chicago, IL
I'm an April 12th-er!! I weighed 353 at surgery; now I weigh 297!! Broke 300!! woohoo!! I left the hospital (after 2 days) on pureed foods. Graduated to Phase II - soft foods - in 2 weeks. This past week I was moved to Phase III - basically the "anything you want within reason" phase ... The past few days, though, I've been having a little trouble eating. I hope everything is okay in there!! Good luck to us all as we complete our 6th week after surgery!!
ruthdebra
on 5/29/04 4:02 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Aimee - I also had surgery on the 12th. I'm still officially on soft foods and can completely move on to anything in about a week - the only thinks I haven't tried are salads and other raw veggies. You all have lost such a lot of weight. I haven't as much. I was 241 on admission to hospital and 212.5 last Monday on my dr.s scale. I did diet prior to surgery and thus had my initial 12 lb weight loss which I think included a fair amount of fluid. Actually, I was not unhappy about my weight loss but am making the mistake of comparing with all of you. I'm older (59) and only 5'1" - burn up less, I think. Well, as long as it's going down, I guess it's ok. Ruth
Knotty D.
on 5/30/04 11:48 am - Marlborough, MA
Yes, I had surgery on April 12th and was 279#. I am noe 229# and pleased a*****h. Red meat gives me trouble, but every other kind of meat works for me. I am eating 60-80 grams of protein in a day and 48-64 ounces of water. Exercising 2 to 3 times a day as well. Joe
Lea C.
on 5/31/04 3:29 pm - Los Angeles, CA
I have lost about 36 pounds, started at 288 and am now about 252. I can eat anything but told to hold off on red meat and nuts (includes peanut butter****il after goal. the only thing that has caused problems (throwing up) soy beans (edamame) and grilled shrimp. I am eating alot of sushi and faux meat, smartones has a greatline of low cal low fat, o carbs and high in protein.
Jillybean
on 6/2/04 2:18 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
The day of surgery I weighed 280lbs, and I'm down to 235lbs. I'm still on soft foods. Haven't tried any meats or anything I can chew yet. I did have a minor complication though, and I won't be starting the "anything within reason" stage until week 12.
BeckyB1971
on 6/11/04 10:54 am - Manitowoc, WI
I had surgery on the 12th and have lost 42 lbs. so far. Not losing as quickly as I would like to but working on it. I can eat pretty much anything within reason. I stay away from sugar!!! I have joined Curves and try to go three times a week. You're doing great Aimee!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views